Sign in to follow this  
jerrell

washed Horse and now won't start

jerrell

:whistle:

Hello everone, am new to the forum , i just stumbled on it trying to find parts for my horse, i just purchased a C175, year unknown, but has a Kohler 17 hp, Spec#24200, KT17S in it. I brought the tractor home and mowed mowed my yard and it died several times, but waited a few min, and it started right up, mowed some more and same-o, i accidentally touched some wires when trying to start it and found the person i bought it from did a cut and splice job on every wire under the hood, But i finished the mowing and tilled my garden, THEN i washed the tractor and engine to get all the dirt, dust off..BIG MISTAKE, now the tractor won't start, no fire to plugs, lots of gas, clean plugs, but i don't know if i got the electonics messed up, there are 2 modules under the hood i don't know what they are for but supect they are for the spark, i am looking for a new or used wireing harness, i know that has to be replaced, then i will look at modules and try to get it going. if anyone has or know where i can purchase a new or used harness please let me know

ThanKx

Confused99

The hacked wiring is most likely your problem. How long ago did you wash it? If you just did it, let everything dry out and see what happens. As for quitting while mowing, that may be another issue.

Jason

jerrell

:whistle: :WRS: the engine quit because of loss of contact with the wireing, i moved the wires going into the switch, the plastic connector, jiggled them and the tractor would start up fine. i guess i have to find a new switch and wireing harness. thanks :D

Duff

Jerrell -

Where are our manners!!!! :whistle:

Lots of great guys and terrific advice to be had here!

Again, :WRS:

Deereman

KyBlue

Jerrell, the wiring isnt that complicated on the b/c series (from what I've seen anyhow). If your any good with wiring you might want to consider making your own harness, following the original wiring diagram thats in the Owners Manual.

:whistle:

You can take the Model # off the tag, and put that into Toro's website and you'll get all the info about your C, like Model year, parts lists, and hopefully be able to order the manuals for it.

jrfan882008

washed mine and points got water on them had to dry them off fired right up :whistle:

KyBlue

I did that too, wasnt sure if his C had points thou -

jerrell

:whistle: i am getting there , found a wireing harness and switch on ebay, (that guy that dismantles and parts whs), now if someone can tell me what the two electonic modules mounted on the motor , i think i may have it made, one is connected to the swithc mounted under the carb breather about 2X3' square, the other is mounted under the coil and has a condenser connected to it. thanks quys, i am proud of my wh, i had one 20 years ago and decided to get a tiller this year, found this one with snow plow,( i live in AR, never snows much, to use a plow, ) also has 48 " mower, tiller and in process of making 4 point plow and 3 pt hitch, again thanks, you guys are great :WRS: