Sign in to follow this  
Jim_M

Buyer Beware

Jim_M

I hate to do this, but I want to warn you guys. Don't deal with Rick Vosicka anymore.

He's taken 3 guys, that I know of, for $3200.00.

In each case he's sold them a tractor or piece of equipment and asked for money up front to hold it. When it comes time for them to pick up their purchase he stalls, makes excuses, reschedules, etc., etc.

One guy has been trying to pick up his tractor since January, Rick won't even return his calls or e mails anymore and the guy is out $1800.00.

I hate to drag a guy's name through the mud, but in this case I think he's earned it.

Deal with him at your own risk and don't send him a Nickel up front.

mavfreak

this is bad news and I don't like to here of this stuff happening on here. Has anyone heard any circumstances as to why or anything along those lines?

Jim_M

Believe me, it wasn't a spur of the moment decision to post this, and it wasn't an easy decision. I've thought about it for a while now.

My only reasons for posting it is to hopefully keep someone else from suffering the same fate as the 3 guys that I mentioned, and also since I've vouched for Rick in the past, I would now like to disassociate myself from him and any of his dealings.

Hopefully he'll come around and make things right with the people that he's wronged.

If that's the case I'll post a public apology in this thread.

In the mean time, be careful, he's also selling through other people, honest, trustworthy people, and cheating them, and giving them a bad name too.

rmaynard

If the transaction was negotiated as a result of a "for sale" ad placed here, the admins can take some action to prevent future ads. However, as stated in the warnings for classified ads, "make all deals at your own risk". I know this sounds terse, but I don't care how long someone has been a member, or how well you think you might know them, if someone wants money up front, more than just a small deposit, WALK AWAY.

Just my 2 cents worth.

300zx

I am afraid that is the way some of the world is today. Positive and negative feedback has been the basis for eBay, and it seems to work there. I certainly like to read reviews on previous dealings before I buy from somebody.

HorseFixer

Thanks for the heads up! :hide:

porkchop

:hide: I really hate to hear something like this it makes me sad. We all have had hard times but I believe in karma. Anytime your down on your luck it always turns good eventually if you always treat people right.

stevasaurus

I was supposed to ride down to Rick's, with one of the members here, on Memorial day weekend and pick up a couple of tractors and a 4-wheeled wagon. I was looking forward to seeing his collection. As the time approached to go down there, we tried many times to get a hold of Rick to verify he would be there. We ended up not going because Rick never returned any of our calls. I would have never believed it of Rick. He helped me out a couple of years ago with some bearings and seals for my transmission. Had no problem then, but it appears he has changed his ways. :hide::WRS::):disgust::hide: I am not out any money, but I know of 2 members that think they will not see their money again. I could care less about seeing his collection now.

mavfreak

I am just stunned! And to think I had is back not to long ago

mavfreak

it is going to be my guess that the mods may pull this thread down. I still am shocked

dgoyette

it is going to be my guess that the mods may pull this thread down. I still am shocked

I hope not if it is true. Rick has a lot of tractors he can sell to members. There were other "issues" with classifieds about 6 months ago that worked out but...

Edit: My only deal with him worked out fine about a year ago.

stevebo

I only had one dealing with him and he did what he said he would do. I was happy with my dealings with him. I hope everything turns out right for all-

Duff

Following up on Randy's post.....

If this is the same Rick who has the warehouse full of tractors (many NOS), as I recall he collected a whole bunch of them in a fairly short time period of time a couple years ago. I remember he seemed to be posting about his newest acquisitions every few days, much to our collective delight and envy at the time. I also seem to remember that he was off the forum for a while and had to move or some such. That said, let me preface the rest of what follows by saying that I don't know Rick, have never dealt with him, and bear him no ill will of any kind.

My guess, and it is ONLY a guess but based on a fairly objective look at his track record here on the forum, is that Rick may have gotten himself into a financial pickle with buying all these tractors. How he financed them is anyone's guess (and realistically none of our business), but he never made mention of any inheritance or hitting the lottery or any other form of windfall, so I was a little concerned as I watched his story unfolding back then. A couple times he let it slip that he's not a wealthy man, and he hinted at having had to do some clever maneuvering to get some of the machines. Something just didn't ring right then, and this latest news from Jim only increases my suspicions. I'm a detective by profession so I tend to look at things with a somewhat more critical eye than most - a curse sometimes, believe me. :WRS:

The pattern suggests that he may have had to sell of some of his collection to stay ahead of a creditor(s), but before he could deliver on the promised machines his collection may have been locked down by some legal snafu (bankruptcy court?). Now add in the pride factor - no one wants to admit, especially to friends, that he's made a big mistake, and Rick may be agonizing over how to make this whole thing right without having to embarrass himself in front of this group.

Then there's the possibility that he's had some catastrophic personal or family issue (illness or some such) arise and tried to collect some money in desperation to take care of the situation with every intention of carrying through with delivering the goods. Maybe he himself fell ill and his silence is something he has no control over.

Since I'm not one of the guys who's out part of the $3,200 it's pretty easy for me to sit up here in New Hampshire and throw out ideas. I guess I'm hoping that there's a reasonable explanation for what's going on and that we don't throw Rick under the bus for the wrong reasons. I'm not real confident based on the evidence that it'll be that benign, but I'd hate to slam a guy's reputation until we have a little more to go on. Now if he doesn't get in touch with somebody fairly soon and at least make some effort to set things right, then let the chips fall where they may.

Just one man's thoughts.......

Duff :hide:

bitten

He is on facebook and it looks like he has been busy enjoying his speed boat.

truckin88

this is also a reason to give a small deposit (50 or 100) and no large money till you are riding that tractor onto your trailer or loading it into the back of your truck. If the person is a good business person they will usually understand.

Duff, I personally always wondered how he afforded so many high dollar machines, or even why? Like you said it was not our business. I appreciate the collector aspect I still want a roundhood for myself, but that is alot of steel. You can only drive one at a time, 2 if your wife or kids are driving. That was a lot of $$$ sitting in a garage, that may or may not have the value retention of classic cars.

Hopefully everyone gets their hard earned money back.

rmaynard

Doesn't anyone else recall that Rick is going through a separation or divorce from his wife? Doesn't anyone else recall that his ex's attorney's were lurking and snooping around RedSquare trying to establish value on some of his tractors? :hide:

I'm not saying that this is a part of what is going on here, but it sure seems to be a clue.

refracman

Even with that going on you dont take money and leave someone blowing in the wind for 2 months. Ya I know one of the guys he's left hanging. Its a shame as he is a good guy too.

rmaynard

Even with that going on you dont take money and leave someone blowing in the wind for 2 months. Ya I know one of the guys he's left hanging. Its a shame as he is a good guy too.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not condoning what has happened, only making an observation.

can whlvr

obviously he doesnt intend on making things right or he would have contacted the poor fellows that have lost good money,i feel sorry for these fellows,id go to his home and keep going there untill he sorts it out,im a contactor and have had to do this more than once,i tell them to give me dinner since they have my money and i cant afford groceries,i bother them so much they want to get rid of me and pay me to get rid of me

midnight rambler

i can honestly say that im one of the people that was one of the 3 and since my dealings with rick not answering his phone or returning calls, i have lost interest in my own collection, and i have had some nice tractors in the past few years, as far as personal things going on i have been thru the same thing he is giong thru and never made a bad deal with anyone i promised anything to, guess we will just have to wait and see if any refunds come in the mail. better idea lets NOT hold our breath for that day to come, i guess the only good thing too come out of this is that i meet a few great guys that are hard working honest people that return phone calls, you gus all know who you are and it is always a pleasure to talk to you all.

Kelly

I'm very sorry to hear that your one of the 3 guys, I could not sleep if I was Rick, and your a better man than I, I don't think I would be waiting, I'd be making something happen, good luck to you.

HorseFixer

I'm extremely sorry to here its that Rick.... :) and I am sorry for those who has lost $$$ Hopefully it will turn around. :WRS: Like Kelly...... patience isn't my best virtue either I would prolly have to make a road trip. :hide:

can whlvr

yep me too,with the road trip thing,and maybe my trailer to get whats mine :hide:

Operator

I have to chime in here just a bit. I had dealings with Rick back in January, put some money down [half ] and a month later ran down to MO and picked up my tractor. I got to meet Rick! and see his collection! I had a great time , cold but great. Rick did good by me, no problems. I know of his situation he is in. BUT the reason he will not return any E-Mails, phone calls, IM has me dumbfounded, I don't understand it either.

Hopefullf someday the situation changes.

Ken B

I'm extremely sorry to here its that Rick.... :) and I am sorry for those who has lost $$$ Hopefully it will turn around. :WRS: Like Kelly...... patience isn't my best virtue either I would prolly have to make a road trip. :hide:

I'm sorry to hear this. I had a few deals with Rick and he came thru when he said he would both times.

If I was outta this kind of cash I would be the first one considering a road trip. BUT, ya gotta know before ya get in the truck to make that trip that it might get ugly. Who needs it?