Sign in to follow this  
92Pony

Root rake

92Pony

Does anyone know if there is such an animal as a root rake that would attach to my 520h via clevis hitch (or a sleeve hitch)?

I have tons of grape vines (bullis) growing that I want to clear out and rip up. I'm thinking a root rake would be perfect for that (a lot better than doing it by hand, as I did last weekend). I've done some light Googling, but haven't come up with anything.......except for lots of 3pt stuff. <_<

Wade

Save Old Iron

Wade,

maybe you have seen these

http://www.brushgrubber.com/products.html

the BG-08 hooked to a JD 850 works really well for me.

can whlvr

heres a homemade rake i built 016.jpg

92Pony

Old Iron, that's not exactly what I was thinking of, but more along the lines of what can whlvr posted.

can whlvr - that would likely work (especially if angled forward at the bottom, or if the tines were bent to a slight forward hook). Sadly, I have no such fabrication skills! LOL!

Wade

64s

Wade, Check Sears under rock rake. I bought one four/five years ago - I think about two hundred bucks. I worked great in soft dirt. I had to stand on it and drive the tractor at the same time in the hard dirt - there's no down pressure and not too easy to attach blocks to. But it did the job. George