Sign in to follow this  
Greg Parnell

Stumbled across a true Gem

Greg Parnell

Hey everyone!! It's been a long search but we have another horse to feed now. My Dad went to a small engine repair shop just to have a look around and stumbled across a Charger 10 Automatic.

Wheel Horses like this are rare in my area so we jumped on it. We paid $200.00 for the Charger 10, I thought it was a good deal.

The model # is 17041 with a serial number of 518176

We're guessing it's an early 70's tractor but not sure. With the above numbers, could the resident experts tell me what year it is?

Anyone have a manual for this they can email to me?

I now introduce the new to us Charger 10 Automatic!! I really like this tractor and am looking forward to riding it.

IMG_6329.jpg

There was some sweet little extras that came with it, a Wheel Horse push blade and four sets of grass cutting blades.

Here's the push blade.

bladeasbought.jpg

Greg :hide:

wallfish

Comes up as a 1969. Nice score!

Kelly

It's got mossy oak camo.

boovuc

That's not moss camo.

That's a stud buck. It's Spring! It's in velvet! :hide:

Nice find and looks like it's all there!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

VinsRJ

Nice save! Look like a good score for $200 :hide:

Buzz

That's not moss camo.

That's a stud buck. It's Spring! It's in velvet! :hide:

Nice find and looks like it's all there!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

:WRS::) :disgust:

Buzz

You can download the owners/parts manual and a couple others from Toro. go to:

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Put 1-7041 for model number and "none" for serial number.

You can download a Kohler service and an owners manual from Kohler here:

Service manual: http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/tp_2379.pdf

Owners manual: http://www.kohlerengines.com/onlinecatalog..._1346_c_all.pdf

Greg Parnell

Thanks, I've downloaded the manual and 1969 is OK too.

Camo stud buck in velvet is funny. :hide:

Something else that's cool is the tires have Wheel Horse on them. They must be originals.

Greg Parnell

What a great time!!! My Dad had worked on the carb, the wiring and tinkered a little to get the engine running and I rode that old 1969 Charger 10 Automatic we just bought around the yard this evening. :hide: Man that was so cool!!

That old horse still has plenty of kick left.

The engine runs very smooth and the transmission does great. Forward and reverse speeds seem right. The mower blades turns but is a little tight, needs some TLC and grease.

I wanted to share the excitement of getting to ride the old horse around and I can see a good cleaning and nice red paint job and new decals in the future for this Charger 10 Automatic.

:):WRS: :disgust:

HorseFixer

Yep thats a Horse of a different Color! :disgust: Not that it matters as long as it's a Horse :) Nice Grab For 2 Bills! :hide:

Cheers ~Duke

:WRS:

Horse'n Around

Congratulations on your "new" Horse Greg. I like it. Are you going to get fix it up and repaint it or do any mechanical work it might need and use it ? Im curious, the Charger looks a lot like a Raider, are they pretty much the same with exception of the 6 sp trans in a Raider vs the hydro on the Charger?

John

I had a '69 Charger too but it was a R/T and had 4 wheels :) Sorry, but that's the first thing I think of when I see a Wheel Horse '69 Charger. I traded mine for 2 Datsun 620 pickups when I got domesticated (married) :hide: What was I thinking??? I would have been better off keeping my Charger and trading her off or just giving her away :WRS: Well at least I got JJ (my son) out of it, I wouldn't trade him for anything in the world... EVER ! So I guess you could say I parted with one pride and joy but I ended up with the ultimate pride and joy... JJ. Ooops sorry Im babbling again.