Sign in to follow this  
gattonde

FEL COUNTERWEIGHT BUCKET

gattonde

Looking for pictures or part number for the counterweight bucket that mounts to rear of tractor. I have a C-160 that I would like to add some suitcase weights to rear. Hoping to get some idea's on how to fab a support for the weights by looking at how the counterweight bucket is mounted. Also would like to know how much weight any that has a FEL use's for counterweight.

Thanks,

Dan Gatton

kj4kicks

Hi Dan, On mine, the counterweight (or ballast) bucket slides into the rear rails of the FEL framework. Last winter I built a rear weight mount that attached to the mid-mount and rear axle on a snowblower machine. I'll get some pics next week of that. It's in the storage garage.

gattonde

Thanks Eldon. I recently installed a Kwik Way FEL. Tried using my tiller as a counter weight. It's just not heavy enough. The FEL support has some additional mounting holes in the rear lower section that I was thinking about bolting some square channel to. I am going to pick up some of those suitcase weights at the Wheel Horse Show in June. Just looking to get some ideas of how others have supported these weights.

Dan Gatton

C-Series14

I got some square tubing that fit inside my WH Loader frame and built a rack to hang 8 each 40lb. suitcase weights. Been on there for years and hasn't broke yet! I guess I can weld! :whistle: :WRS:

gattonde

Thanks Mike,

Any chance of taking some pictures of your set up?

Dan

C-Series14

here is one...only 6 weights on.

Attached Image

post-3-1212182243.jpg

gattonde

Thanks for the picts Mike. I think I might be able to handle building something similar to yours. How much weight to you typically install when using the FEL? What is the most weight to put on your fixture.

Thanks Again for the Picts.

Dan

C-Series14

I have had 8 of the 40lb. suitcase weights at one time. I also threw a 50lb. tube of sand on there also once, that C-161 has worked it's tail off and never let me down....