perry

any updates on the C-195 project ? .

Kelly

No, right now it's a work bench, kinda need some warmer weather to do a little sand blasting, but I'm thinking of farming some of that out, I HATE blasting. 

Kelly

Well no pics, but I spent most of the day rattle canning some primer on the bare metal, reassembling the dash and the hydro controls, welded up some stuff that was just tack welded, I WILL have it drive able for the MI WH show, far from done but I plan to drive it till something falls apart, LOL it will have some temp. stuff on it like the fuel tank, I just don't think I have time to build one with everything else I have going on, same for a few other items like wiring, seat ect..... but you never know I may get more done than I think, I get some pics up in a day or so.  

• Like 2

Kelly

Well I'm 99.9% sure this will be at the MI WH show, I had it out driving it today, did some temp wiring on it, installed a foot control for the trans, have all the sheet metal back on it, installed a lift pump to move fuel from the back of the tractor to the engine, mounted a temp fuel tank, bought a ATV batt. and got it mounted, built new batt cables, went over all the nuts and bolts to be sure they were tight, had a issue with the injection pump, I'm not diesel guy but I own it, so I figured out how it works and fixed it, still need to time the injectors better but it runs pretty good, I'll deal with it later, I have a ton of other stuff to finish up before the show in 2 weeks. I'll get pics tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Kelly

Just a bit of a picture update, for the most part this is how it will be at the MI WH show, I have a temp fuel tank mounted, I may swap the hood for a nicer one, I have a few new gauges on order should be here this week, got the aircleaner mount done, just need to tighten the bolts so it sets level, seat is not what I want but it's in good shape and fits for now, starter is giving me fits, needs replaced but will be weeks to get one, so crossing my fingers it holds out for now, any way here it is ugly but drivable, I'm so glad I did the GT14 fender swap, it was a bit of work, but I'm VERY happy with it and the way the footrest turned out.

post-85-0-18817900-1374537761_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-90142500-1374537994_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-75676100-1374538126_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-41039300-1374538243_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-82303500-1374538347_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-27260500-1374538398_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-02787000-1374538497_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-72608700-1374538987_thumb.jpg

post-85-0-13545800-1374539157_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Lars

wow the fenders and footrest looks really good Kelly.. nice job on it so far..

• Like 1

can whlvr

looks great,i like the deisel idea,nice work

• Like 2

Ken B

Fantastic work on that tractor Kelly. Looks like a factory assembled tractor. Not too mention, it is just plain MEAN lookin.

• Like 1

SousaKerry

Lookin good Kelly. Can't wait to see you cruising the campsites with that beast.

• Like 1

JC 1965

That tractor looks really good Kelly. I know you have a lot of work in it but you have a one of a kind tractor.    :thumbs2:

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Looks great kelly! Can't wait to see it in a couple weeks!

• Like 1

dbartlett1958

That air cleaner mount should last a while.

• Like 1

dyt4000

MAD MAD FAB SKILLS!!!!! What a beast! Does it have a name? Like Cecil the diesel?

Kelly

I have a few names floating around in my head, I think it will be a simple play with the stock letter number system, not sure yet. 

• Like 1

Alan_Heist

I like the 3-pt to Sleeve hitch adapter.. is that a Brinly?  (EDIT: oops, I found it earlier in the thread... :) )

Awesome tractor too!!! I love diesel.. my project that is still just brewing in my head will be diesel.

Edited by Alan_Heist

sorekiwi

Kelly, You said you were using a low pressure pump to feed the injector pump.  What are you using?  Just an automotive (carb) fuel pump?  Electric? 

Kelly

Yes Mike, it's a cheap 3-5 psi pump not sure of the GPH but not much, it was off ebay about $30, local was much more this one seems to be working. 

sorekiwi

Thanks Kelly, I'm thinking of ditching the leaking tank on my 10hp diesel and going the same way as you did.

Kelly

I have forgot to turn the pump on and the tractor ran fine with out it for a few min. before I turned the pump on, I still need to run return lines, right now they dump in to a old WD40 can on the frame rail. 

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

I am committing an internet sin digging up a thread this old, but I am hoping for some updates! And maybe a video?

:teasing-poke:

• Like 1

dodgemike

Outstanding fab work! Did I

Understand your building a

FEL as well?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

JoeM

Very Nice! Should be a pretty strong machine.

How is the noise level of that diesel? I hear they are loud.

I see power steering, are you using hydrostat oil for the pressure source, and what size is the steering valve?

I have a 520 FEL and often thought about a diesel and or power steering for it also.

earlleecliffton

updates ?

GT14

Looks great, very nice fab work. It should handle a bucket with ease.

JoeM

That’s one mighty fine, double compression release, double dog daring, dirt digging machine! Nice work!