buckrancher

this is a very cool project Kelly are you going to have it ready for charlotte

I hope to see it in person

and buy the way what are you going to do with that nasty old kohler kt19? :hide:

Brian

312Hydro

I like that power steering setup! Your going to have a "one of a kind" :hide: .

Shuboxlover

THIS IS SOOOOO COOL!!!!!!!!!! :hide::beer::):offtopic::WRS::):disgust: :hide:

Kelly

Thanks guys it will be a the MI WH show in Charlotte, probably ugly and rusty but there, I want to use it some before it gets paint, to see if changes need to be made.

And next week I need to start my daughters tractor, that I promised for the part couple years to get done, more on that one later, and I have a dump cart to get rebuilt for the raffle prize.

And the 19hp KT is going in my other 195 it runs better than that one, and I'm glad your planning on coming again this year Brian.

• Like 1

HorseFixer

buy the way what are you going to do with that nasty old kohler kt19? :disgust:

Brian

Geee that question is kinda like deja Vu! :hide::WRS: :)

Kelly

I was going to tell you Duke but I forgot, I do have a 18hp Magnum I might sell, send me a PM.

corn53

:WRS: Good work Kelly!!!! Ive gotta try the power steering on one of mine. That is gonna be so sweet with that motor!!! :hide:

shorts

looking real good so far, the diesel looks like a better fit than the v2 gas repowers that I've seen, can't wait to see it at charlotte.

sgtsampay

Are you going to go to the WHCC show in Penn? If so, is it coming along?

Kelly

No I will not be making the 12+ hour drive, I would like to, but the cost of gas says no, that is why I started a show here in MI. to help guys like me out that want a WH show closer.

mavfreak

No I will not be making the 12+ hour drive, I would like to, but the cost of gas says no, that is why I started a show here in MI. to help guys like me out that want a WH show closer.

can't say i blame you on that Kelly. I'm 4 hours away and gas costs will be keeping me from show.

Olratlr

Kelly maybe you could send me a little of your expertise I need all the help I can get.

The C195 should be a Beast. :hide:

• Like 1

Don1977

Has any more been done to the C-195 Diesel. You know we like " PICTURES". Just looking at it I believe if you added some 5 bolt hubs an 12" rims in front it would level it out and make it look better. Something like a narrow 12" trailer tire and wheel.

kadetklapp

I know he was super busy with his daughter's tractor, so he's probably still recovering for that, but I agree, MOAR!!!

Anyway, I'm unable to find pricing info on these China motors. They appear to not be Carroll Stream type. Definitely a repower in my GT-1800's future.

JUSS10

not trying to hijack just found this info for people looking for these engines

i was doing a little research on these the other day and found this source for the engines. not sure how this compares to dealing direct from china but shipping is "free" though im sure they add that to the cost of the engine. also the only engine they have in stock right now is the 10hp model

http://www.a1biofuel.net/Index.html

earlleecliffton

We want more!!!!!!

Jake Kuhn

Agreed,We want updates! :ychain: Jake

chris hall

nice coversion.

Kelly

Well it's still setting in one spot, same one for 8 months, nothings changed, I wish it had, but my life is so busy I don't know how I get anything done I want to.

sorekiwi

Is your motor going to be out of warranty by the time you start it up?? :hide:

• Like 3

Kelly

Well it's been a long long time since I even uncovered the diesel project, I have been every now and then buying bits and pieces for it, well this last weekend I did a major clean in the garage, so I could get back working on the diesel, after getting it in the shop I just sat and stared at it trying to remember where I left off :scratchead: I found my bag of fittings to finish up the plumbing on the hyd. stuff so that is done, then I was looking at the engine and the location, and I decided I was not using the 520 motor plate, so off everything came and I went out back to the steel pile, to see what I had, I found some 1/4" thick plate 2 3/4" wide so I cut it to size and tacked it in place, much better I'm very happy with the way it sets and fits, I did end up drilling and taping one hole as it ended up right over the rear power steering mount, and it ended up being 1/2" thick, I'll loctite the stud in, for now I have a piece of all thread in it, then when bolting it in I figured out I need to buy more bolts for the bolt bin, I had 1 1/2" and 2 1/2" but no 2" so that is on the list, I found a NOS belt with lots of looking it is no longer available from Toro.

Then I needed a bushing to replace a bad one on the shaft for the drive belt idler pulley, and I could not find one here, so I don't have a lathe (wish I did) I made do, I found a bushing that the OD was to big but the ID was right, after some head scratching, I put the bushing on a bolt and ran a nut up till it was tight, then chucked the end of the bolt in my drill and used a flat file as I ran the drill to make the OD the right size, probably not perfect but it worked :woohoo:

I'm off work over the Christmas holiday so I HOPE to get lots done, and maybe even hear it run for the first time, after I build some exhaust for it even if temporary.

And yes I will post pics.

Motor plates ready to weld in

post-85-0-32386700-1355795488_thumb.jpg

Plates tacked in and engine mocked up

post-85-0-00145600-1355795676_thumb.jpg

Plates all welded up

post-85-0-86237200-1355795875_thumb.jpg

Welds ground and temp stud installed

post-85-0-39582600-1355796004_thumb.jpg

And where I left off tonight, didn't feel like 4 hours working on it, but finding where I put everything and getting back in the swing of things took a little time.

post-85-0-19040200-1355796164_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Martin

looks good kelly. how does the crank/pto positioning compare with the oem engine? from the belt guard looks to be forward a little, i guess if thats the case a longer belt than oem would have been needed. standard hydro drive pulley? im just guessing on the forward part, comparing the belt guard with how a mostly standard one would look (relative to my c125-even though they are probably different parts) looks to be a couple inches.

looking forward to seeing your fab work and progress on this one, its been a while!!!!

312Hydro

That's a very interesting conversion and that diesel reminds me of when they stuffed "mountain motors" in Chevy Vegas and Hemi Colts for Pro Stock.So will it's new designation be C-255D?

Kelly

Martin, the crank is about 1/8" lower than stock and as for front to back it is in the stock location, I used the lower PTO bracket as a guide, and I have another complete C-195 to check with, and I checked crank height on my 520, C-195, and a few single cyl. Kohlers guess what they are all different, off the top of my head the 520 was 6 3/4" the 195 was 6 1/2" the single Kohler was 6" again I didn't write these no.s down so that is from memory, and the C-195 tractor is about 6" longer than a standard tractor, so the drive belt is 195 only, the hydro pulley is the hard to find 1" bore from a briggs powered hydro tractor.

Rich, I like BIG engines, and tires, I guess that is the car guy in me, not sure what I'm going to call it, me and my oldest son were talking about that yesterday, when we pushed it in the shop.

• Like 3

Ken B

That is gonna be a killer C-195 SD (Super Diesel) when its done Kelly. Very nice work you are doing on it. I'd love to see that monster under load with a thrower on it in 3 feet of snow!