Sign in to follow this  
linen beige

READ THIS AND REMEMBER IT!

linen beige

Lexington child who died in mower accident fell off while riding with father

By Cole Claybourn

stoneman

I see people doing that and sometimes I just want to stop the car, get out, and . . . :hide: . . . and then . . .

perry

tragic, tragic, tragic ..... :hide: . article is kinda hard to read.

my kids are to stay in the house when im mowing the lawn.

rmaynard

I will let one grandchild at a time ride with me on my tractors. However, the mower is never engaged, the transmission is always in no higher than 2nd gear, and the throttle is set to slow.

I could not live with myself if something like that happened to me.

:hide:

And it's not only riding. Several years ago in my town, a 7 year old was riding his bike past a house where the lawn was being mowed with a walk-behind. A stone was picked up by the blade, came out the shoot and stuck the child in the head. Killed him instantly.

Point is, freaky things happen, but you can never be too careful. Err on the side of caution.

ChiefRider

I have an old Simplicity walking tractor, with a sulky cart. We would throw some hay in it, and that's the only thing my kids were ever allowed to ride on. Sure hate to hear about this sort of thing!

can whlvr

thats very sad,my neighbor lets his kids ride on when he cuts grass,ive told him but he mont listen,he has hills too,when my neices want a ride i put the tractor in low range and let them drive while i walk beside,they think thats way cooler than double riding,and NEVER turn the blades on when they are near,then they get good at driving,ive taught a few of my neices and one neighbor bot to drive,its how i started,but i was about 7 when i could drive myself and at 8 cutting grass with tractor and push mower,and the push mowers didnt have saftys then

AMC RULES

If you can please pray for them, I'm sure the family needs it. Everybody, remember to include some safety in ALL your outdoor activities this holiday season. :hide:

HorseFixer

Sad Sad Indeed. I dont know what I would do if I lost my little tractor buddy. :hide: