massey

Progress has been slow but here's and update.

Each track is made up from two 10' lengths of #80 chain, 118 angle pieces, 59 channel pieces, 59 (1/8x1-1/2) 8" long flat, and 59 (1-1/4x1/2x1/8) 8" long channel

This is a stack of the track cleats, need 59 of these for each track.

005-3.jpg

This is a section of track welded up with the angles before the cleats go on

003-5.jpg

This is the cleats getting welded onto the above trak section.

002-5.jpg

This is the frame fitting to the undercarrige.

004-3.jpg

This is a finished track.

006-2.jpg

One more track to go. Still waiting on 6 more of the large sprockets which are on intergalactic back order apparently :hide: . Still plenty of things to do before I am at a standstill because of them. I ordered a 10hp diesel and that should be here any day :WRS: .

• Like 1

sorekiwi

That is going to be as cool as hell! :hide:

I would hate to imagine how much time you have in the tracks. They look awesome though.

meadowfield

Awesome work :hide:

How long did it take to cut that many pieces... Let alone weld them straight!

You have patience.

Look forward to the final result

dclarke

That is going to be as cool as hell! :hide:

Couldn't have said it better Mike. Massey, please keep the pics coming. Awesome!!

Kelly

I agree that is going to be very cool, please post pics as you go, I will be following.

can whlvr

i too am awaiting for more progress,looks great so far

Coadster32

Way Cool!! :WRS::hide:

How heavy is one track section?

tbbahner

Wow, and I can't even weld to pieces of flat metal together and depend on it to stick.

Great job!

Tom B

VinsRJ

"Sweet Jesus" is all I can say :hide::WRS: :)

sgtsampay

Wow. Thats really cool. Can't wait to see it in action. I do know that the 10hp diesel should have the grunt for the dozer though.

Wow, very nice..

massey

Thanks guys.

The tracks are definitely the most tedious part so far, if I remember correctly each track weighs in at 110 lbs. My engine is out on the truck for delivery, can't wait to see it.

SAM58

Can't wait to see it completed... :)

:hide::WRS::)

:disgust::hide: :beer:

Gene_S

Massey that is very cool like everyone has said... :hide:

How are you going to use a 6 speed transmission to drive the tracks? Are you going to just use a break on each side to turn?

massey

That's it, a 10'disc on each axle. Just finished the second track today, man, I'm glad that part is done.

massey

Oh yeah, got the engine today :WRS: . I can see they run them in at the factory ...by the exhaust leak it must have :hide: . Quality control must not translate in Chinese. Oh, well, add that to the list ( I know, you get what you pay for).

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Oh yeah, got the engine today :WRS: . I can see they run them in at the factory ...by the exhaust leak it must have :hide: . Quality control must not translate in Chinese. Oh, well, add that to the list ( I know, you get what you pay for).

May I ask where you got the diesel from? and how much?

thanks

massey

Certainly, E-bay $598 to the door.

shorts

:disgust: :beer::WRS::):hide::hide:

You definately have my attention with this project, lots of fab work. Are you designing the drive and tracks from scratch or do you have a set of prints to work from? Is their a topic showing the basic frame build with more pictures?

massey

I am going by some plans as I'm not smart enough to just "wing it" :hide:, I figured the path was already cleared so I would just follow it. I didn't take any pics of the initial build as it was just 20' lengths of steel and not too exciting. It sure has been lots of cutting, drilling, welding, the tracks were at least five or six solid 9-10 hr days they ended up with 708 spot welds and 1062 welds for each comlete track, and then step drill two 5/8 holes in 118 cleats :WRS: , oof, that was quite a task.

Ed

wallfish

Nice going on the build, that thing looks really good.

I bought the plans too and checked out the part for building the tracks, that sure is a ton of cutting and welding.

massey

OK, here is the plow I'm going to use. A buddy gave it to me :hide: , it's from a Ditch Witch I just have to trim it down a little and adapt it to the plow frame.

001-5.jpg

Here is the plow frame, I just finished it. Now I need to locate it on the tractor subframe and set the plow attachment. I had nine glorious days off but thats over tomorrow so progress will be slow again.

002-6.jpg

Stigian

Were :hide: ... :disgust:

Wow dude, that's one heck of a cool project :WRS:

I bet it drove you a bit nut's doing the same thing over and over again making those tracks, I know making six bearing blocks on the lathe does get a bit boring.

It's cool to see another project similar to my six wheeler.. Were kinda both building the same thing, just in different ways.

Steel tracks are the ultimate aim for my project, but that's a long way off.

Keep up the great work :)

massey

Thanks Ian, but you are the man. The work you are doing and your posts are excellent and entertaining. The tracks were definitely a process.

Ed

AMC RULES

My hat is off to both of you guys. :disgust: You BOTH have displayed incredible fabricating skills. :hide::WRS::)

All I can say is thanks so much to you BOTH for sharing your projects with us here on the forum. :hide::beer: :)

chris11

That is talent there............. wow