Sign in to follow this  
hodge

1984 GT 1600 still going strong

hodge

I had to go get my dad's GT1600 today and do some carb work on it, so I mowed for a while with it. After 27 years of service, it needed a fuel pump and the carb cleaned. It gets asked here every now and then about the solidity and reliability of the Workhorse tractors, including the Briggs engines. I can say with certainty and clarity that they are fine tractors, strong, reliable, and just like the red breed. Here is a photo of the 1600 beside my Kubota 7100.

Brunswickfundraiser009.jpg

I do have to say this- after mowing this season with the Kubota and a 5' finish mower, it was painful to use a 42" mower. It just takes forever....

stevasaurus

So...bigger is better after all. :WRS: Nice looking tractors. :hide:

hodge

You know, I have always been enamored with Wheel Horses, and while that hasn't changed, I do have a glint in my eye for that Kubota... the whiff of diesel smoke, the weight and size to do more... 4wd...

Retired Wrencher

:hide: :WRS::) Hodge AAAHHH just like being back on the farm the smell of fresh cut hay and grass. Nothing like it on Earth. Gary B......................

Forest Road

:hide::WRS::) Hodge AAAHHH just like being back on the farm the smell of fresh cut hay and grass. Nothing like it on Earth. Gary B......................

.....and the fermenting of manures!

hodge
:hide:

can whlvr

i think the silver horses are great,i dont own one but they are every bit as much a worker as the red ones,i have a 308 that is similar to the workhorses and its great,love the color of them silver girls too

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE A GT-1800 AND IT HAS BEEN A VERY GOOD WORK HORSE. RUSS :hide: