Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Wheel Horse T.V. Advertizement?

Teddy da Bear

I have a crazy question.

Did Wheel Horse ever produce television advertizements for the Tractors and accessories?

Was there ever a wheel horse jingle/song???

If there were, I just do not remember them growing up in the 60's or 70's.

Can we find them if there were?

Mike

Niles, Mi

HorseFixer

Mike, yes they did I remember seeing them on the local TV comercials here in Niles, What I remember and sticks in my mind at the end they would say "Get a Horse! A Wheel Horse Of Course" I sure would like to see some of the old commercials I wonder where we could get them?

Cheers Duke

T-Mo

That would be cool if we could find them and capture them so we all can view them. I'm sure, though, that they won't be found. :whistle:

KyBlue

maybe time to get ahold of the Toro Public Relations Dept, and see if they'll cough em up...

wh500special

I recall seeing advertisements - although rarely - on TV around 1988-89 or so. It was Pre-Toro branding for sure.

Since TV time is pricey, this advertising was probably handled at the distributor level.

Steve

linen beige

I can recall seeing some ads in the early '70s on Louisville, Ky. stations. I also recall a spot showing them working during the Indy 500. I think that was about '69 or '70. The only 'Horse I knew was our 400 suburban, and remember how much different the 500 specials looked. :WRS:

Stations record network feeds for later playback, so it is not out of the question to think that there may be some footage lying on a shelf in a station back room and no one there knows what it is. :whistle:

CasualObserver

I don't think there were any TV ads, unless privately sponsored by whatever local power equipment dealer ran them :WRS: .... there were however radio spots. Every now and then you'll see a record come up on ebay.gif. It was part of the dealer sales packet in the 60s and had 30 second commercial spots dealers could run on their local radio stations. :whistle: I haven't seen one in a long time... so we're probably due to see one soon. Everything makes it to ebay.gif eventually!

HorseFixer

I Live 10 Miles from South Bend and from what I recall it was on one of our local TV stations. I know the owner of one of the first Wheel Horse dealers in this area. Actually he took over the buisness from his father in law who started the buisness I will call him from work tomarrow and see what he knows. Maybe with his permisson in conjuntion with the TV station ther maybe some footagecould be released.

Duke

linen beige

I Live 10 Miles from South Bend and from what I recall it was on one of our local TV stations. I know the owner of one of the first Wheel Horse dealers in this area. Actually he took over the buisness from his father in law who started the buisness I will call him from work tomarrow and see what he knows. Maybe with his permisson in conjuntion with the TV station ther maybe some footagecould be released.

Duke

That would certainly get you nominated for Red Square Hero of the Month!

Curmudgeon

Year or even decade if copies can somehow be made!!!!!!!!!!!

Curmudgeon
recordcover.jpg

Teddy da Bear

I guess my crazy question turned out to be a good one!

What is on the "B" side of that record? :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Got me! All I have is the picture and a small snippet of the song. I'd love a full version, preferably on a CD. Was kinda hoping someone would pick up on the picture and say, "I have one of those!"

Curmudgeon

I'd somehow attach the snippet of music, but photobucket doesn't do Wave Sounds, and it's a touch too big to try the file attachment feature on the board.

If someone wants to tell me how, I'd be happy to share it. More likely, someone here shared it with me in the first place and they'll know how to do perform such a feat.

nylyon

I posted this in the proper place

here

mailman

I would love to have that for my ringtone on my cell!

HorseFixer

Jim looks like I wont be getting that AWARD for hero of the month! :WRS: I called Jim today owner of Chandlers Sales and Service and he said he hasn't a clue on what happened to the Wheel Horse commercial advertisements. He said they were on TV and radio! He told me to ck with the TV and radio stations and thats what I will do next week! :whistle: Sooooo guess Il be eatin a CROW MEAT SANDMITCH tonight for dinner! :D

Duke

!

By the way dale nice jingle!

T-Mo

Dale,

That Wheel Horse jingle is very cool. Awesome. :whistle:

Curmudgeon

I wonder where I originally got that jingle? I've been collecting stuff for so long, I don't know what I have, much less where it came from! LOL

KyBlue

Pretty sweet Jingle ... and I too would Love to have that as my ringtone