Sign in to follow this  
Steve in Mo

Belt size/cost

Steve in Mo

I have a C 101 and need a new drive belt, hate to pay the Toro dealer price. Any suggestions, as to what size I could purchase from some other retailer. I thought W.W.Grainger or TSC possibly, even Home Depot.

SNYFIX

Yeah you can get cheaper but do you want cheaper?? You'll also find the Wheel Horse belt has a different pitch to it then a standard cheaper belt. Plus you'll find cords inside a Wheel Horse belt that will cause it to last for years instead of 'year' with a cheap belt. Plus the Wheel Horse belts are fractional in most cases. As we were told, "we make the tractor and the belt company provides a belt to fit," (not the other way around).

rmaynard

You'd be surprised by the prices that turn up on eBay every once & awhile. OEM on the cheap.

Thanks for that link Tim. Even with the $8.95 S&H, it's the same as or cheaper than aftermarket when you add in sales tax.

catman81056

Yeah you can get cheaper but do you want cheaper?? You'll also find the Wheel Horse belt has a different pitch to it then a standard cheaper belt. Plus you'll find cords inside a Wheel Horse belt that will cause it to last for years instead of 'year' with a cheap belt. Plus the Wheel Horse belts are fractional in most cases. As we were told, "we make the tractor and the belt company provides a belt to fit," (not the other way around).

Did you happen to click on the link? It is a OEM toro belt.

BOWTIE

Hello, I always used Gates or Napa belts. They make A and B series belt that are industry standards belt numbers. For a 5/8" x 82" would be a B79. In the automotive would they measure the belt on the inside and lawnmower refer to as a fractional horsepower belt they measure outside. A series is 1/2" wide and B series is considered 21/32" or 5/8". A series belt just subtract 2" and B series just subtract 3". A good auto parts store should be able help you. Good luck BOWTIE in Ohio