tunahead72

Kohler K241 Crankcase Breather

tunahead72

Don,

Yes, mine is definitely a K241S. Actually, I just discovered recently that it has a K301 block, and came that way from the factory.

I believe (no expert here) that the K-series and Magnums are essentially the same engine as you say, except for sheet metal, and the use of electronic ignition instead of the points/condenser setup mine has.

--------

And as I previewed my reply here, I saw that Terry has beat me to the punch again, man he's good! :thumbs:

TT
tunahead72 said:
I just discovered recently that it has a K301 block, and came that way from the factory.

I don't want to sound picky, but they aren't really K301 blocks...... they are K241 blocks with "K301" cast on the PTO side. They are only a K301 block if they have a 3.375" (+ oversizes) bore.

Kohler used one (casting mold) pattern for both engine models - the only difference being the finished bore size.

tunahead72

Terry,

No problem, and thanks for clarifying, I was being sloppy in my terminology. :thumbs2:

can whlvr

just to add that the magnums i have have a plastic flywheel,well there is plastic fins instead of all steel like on my k series,and thanks terry,its allways good to learn something about our horses

tunahead72

Just an update.

After a whole lot of waiting for parts, and a week and a half or so of personal down time, and just life, I finally got the whole breather assembly together the other day. The good news is there's no more oil leaks around the cover plate.

The bad news is now I can't for the life of me get the governor/throttle adjusted properly, I'll start another thread.

It's always something. <_<

tunahead72

This thread was damaged very slightly in one of the software conversions that RedSquare went through several years ago.  I've corrected some smileys, and made some minor formatting changes to make it more closely match what was originally posted.