meadowfield

Lights!

meadowfield

When I acquired my C-101 last year it was without lights. Being an engineer I will always try and make something if I can - even if it's more expensive and time consuming in some cases...

I borrowed the casting from my Raider 10 and set about making a lens and getting some lights up and running.

heres the pics

foil_lights.jpg

Glueing aluminium foil into the dull zinc casting

horse%20lens2.jpg

Foil decal mounted on clear lexan

lightstapped.jpg

drilling and tapping the old threads to M4 (I've a big collection of nuts and bolts, but nothing that small in UNC.)

c101lights.jpg

The finished article! hmmm those bolts aren't just equal both sides - might have to make another with a little more precision!!! :thumbs:

mark

earlleecliffton

Kool

Anglo Traction

Nice Work Mark :thumbs: , I've found some self adhesive Chrome foil to put on the 72 Raider's Buckets to complement the SMD LED Bulbs.

Have you installed LEDs ?.

Regards

meadowfield

The first LED lamps I bought were 102 SMD each for 5.99. I donated them to my son and it looks like I can only really easily get 68 SMD LED ones at good price at the moment.

Still working what to do for the time being, we are at a show for 4 days next week, so might be nice to have some LED ones for the nights at the beer tent :thumbs:

wheeledhorseman

:wh: Ingenious! :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

The first LED lamps I bought were 102 SMD each for 5.99. I donated them to my son and it looks like I can only really easily get 68 SMD LED ones at good price at the moment.

Still working what to do for the time being, we are at a show for 4 days next week, so might be nice to have some LED ones for the nights at the beer tent :thumbs:

102 !!, bet they're pretty bright . Ok, mine are 68 SMDs as well, but they're unsealed. I have 2 ready to put in the C-120 eventually. If you want them urgently I can send them, I won't need them for some time.

I only paid

meadowfield

typical!!!! :thumbs:

just pressed buy it now....

416/520

You could try the aluminum tape that is used in the HVAC industry to seal ductwork and such. It has a very aggressive adhesive already applied

andrewLL

Hi Mark

I'm restoring my Raider 12 and getting to the finishing off bits now and do not have a front lights plastic cover and had been thinking it may be possible to produce a sticker to put on some clear plastic.  It appears that you have done just that here.  Where do I get the sticker / decal from?

Also (completely different subject) do you know what size Woodruff key I need for the input pulley on  the side of  the axle / gearbox, I've lost mine during the rebuild.  It's an 8 speed box.  I did ask this question before and someone from the States suggested a size but it was not a definitive answer, can you assist here.  Thanks 

Andrew

Anglo Traction

Also (completely different subject) do you know what size Woodruff key I need for the input pulley on  the side of  the axle / gearbox, I've lost mine during the rebuild.  It's an 8 speed box.  I did ask this question before and someone from the States suggested a size but it was not a definitive answer, can you assist here.  Thanks Andrew

Just a point on your Raider 12 Andrew. Need more 'meat on the bone' ref the Model number year.

A 1972 Raider 12 has the part number  937010. 

A Belgium built 1974 Raider 12 has the part number 937221. If it is about this age, then you can obtain it here-

http://torotractorspares.co.uk/toro-tractor-key-hi-pro-937221.html

As there are 2 part numbers, I assume there are differences. Also, do you know if your Transmission is original?.

gwest_ca

937010 and 937221 are both #6 Woodruff keys - 5/32" x 5/8". I believe these keys are sized by the size of the cutter used to machine the shaft so the actual key length is shorter and listed in this handy chart.

Don't know why the part number changed unless there was a revision to the key hardness.

Garry

meadowfield

Hi Mark

I'm restoring my Raider 12 and getting to the finishing off bits now and do not have a front lights plastic cover and had been thinking it may be possible to produce a sticker to put on some clear plastic.  It appears that you have done just that here.  Where do I get the sticker / decal from?

Also (completely different subject) do you know what size Woodruff key I need for the input pulley on  the side of  the axle / gearbox, I've lost mine during the rebuild.  It's an 8 speed box.  I did ask this question before and someone from the States suggested a size but it was not a definitive answer, can you assist here.  Thanks 

Andrew

Andrew, I've pm'd you...

Stigian

Nice work Mark, I could do with one of those lenses for my GT :D