Sign in to follow this  
ohio704

K181 not starting....yet

linen beige

AS far as the smoke from the top of the engine-- It could be anything from a dead mouse to a leaky head gasket. remove shrouds and blowout dead critters. BE CAREFULL not to twist off head bolts.

Kohler smoked rat yUUUUUm yum

I will open up the head as soon as the gasket comes in the mail sometime next week.

But im curious... is it even possible for something to get in there? I cant think of any opening big enough for something of that size to get in. :hide:

He didn't mean take off the head. he meant take off the cooling shrouds that cover the head and check for anything that may have clogged the cooling fins, such as grass clippings, plain old dirt, a mouse nest, etc.

KB9LOR

Guys GOT IT TO RUN!!! and it ran well it even idled!!!! :hide:

The Problem i found was this... on closer inspection both the float valve and the pin that holds the float were a little too big, which prevented the float and valve from moving freely. Only if you were looking closely could you tell. I think they are for a larger K-series engine.

So I swapped in my old valve and pin which were in good condition anyway.. and it started right up!

I'm a little pissed at the ebay seller who listed that the rebuild kit was compatible with the K181. The seals and float all fit, but still he should have sent the right valve and float pin :WRS:

One issue I did have, was that a little fuel was coming out the front of the carb when it was running. Im thinking adjusting the tab on the float??

Next time you can PM me, I can get those kits, personally I don't buy ANY parts such as those off flea-bay, for just such reason. but you got her going and that is the main thing! Good job!