Sign in to follow this  
C-160 Tractor

Stupid question about rear wheels

C-160 Tractor

:wh: I have a quick question.

On my C-160 the rear wheels seam to be different right to left.

One of them the offset is a little different and causes the wheel to stick out more or less depending on which wheel your looking at. :thumbs:

Is that normal?

Are your rear wheels different offsets as well?

Or maybe the Previous owner did some swapping that I have no knowledge of.

just a question that has been bugging me lately that I noticed when attaching wheel weights.

I do not have a good picture to show what I mean now but can snap some if needed to explain what I am asking.

thanks.

Brian

SAM58

Check your Hubs, see if they are flush with the end of the axles?

A loose hub can wander in toward the transmission.

I have seen some that one side the hub is flush with the end of the axle, and the other side has about 2" of axle sticking out.. not good.

If not, some of the wheels (like the 520H's) are 2 " wider than others,

could have a mix match....

seeing it would remove alot of the mystery.....

'

:thumbs: :wh:

C-160 Tractor

:wh: my hub was all messed up and I bought 2 used ones, but yeah that did happen to me and it wore the key hole right out. (it was like this when I got it I just tried to make due until I got my replacement.)

pics of what your talking about happening.

Key chipped away at hub and carved a nice grove around the whole thing opening the whole wayyyy! up.

all fixed now..

old vs new...

IMG_20110429_145308.jpg

close up of old bad hub..

IMG_20110423_150454.jpg

so I know it is not that and both sides are flush.

Looks like 2 different wheels even though they look the same exact the offset is different.

I just was not sure if there was a reason for that or if I just had 2 different wheels. haha

leaning towards the 2 mixed wheels.

will take picture tomorrow.

Kelly

Probably two diff. wheels, most brands of tractors will bolt on, but are diff. offset, even WH uses a diff. offset on some tractors, but both sides will be the same.

C-160 Tractor

Two different wheels. I'm on my cell phone in garage now painting cutting deck. :wh:

IMG_20110505_231006.jpg

IMG_20110505_231021.jpg

IMG_20110505_231026.jpg

Now what I really want because I have two diffrent wheels (grrrrr!) Is a new set of wheels with some of those tractor/atv mud lookin like wheels on them. Hehe. How much will that all run me? I maybe posting in the wanted section soon, lol

Man smart phones are amazing I took pictures, uploaded to my photobucket, copies the links and bounced back and forth to the browser and pasted them here. :thumbs: but hey I had nothing better to do at 11:30 PM on a thirsty Thursday in my garage waiting for primer to dry on the ol WeH.

Cheers all!

mr.pipes

You can get tires on ebay from $90-$125 for 1 Carlise or $115-$150 for a pair of other brands. Shipping varies and most other tires do not run as large as Carlisle tires. Here is a pic showing the difference.

agcomparison.jpg

C-160 Tractor

thanks , those are sweet