zanepetty

I gotcha. I've put a lot more into my tractor than I meant to so far. But that's how it goes I guess!

sorekiwi

Unless I missed it in the thread Martin, what did you end up doing for a gas tank?  Did you patch the old one?  Or find another one?

Martin

I replaced it with a good one from Lane Ralph. Still have the rusted out one that I might fix one day when I have nothing better to do.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Old Ways

I've always loved the look of this series tractor...  Just beautifully designed, and a real looker.  

I think it'd look good with duals...  ;)

W/H JUNKY

Wow really looking good. Thanks for the pics

tom h.hill

i have a 1054 an canot find rear tires.like you have.15''wheels.wear did you find your tires.i had to go with snow tires.thats all i could find close. 

Martin

I ended up using good used original tires i got from Kelly, one of the vendors on the forum. then i painted them with Millers tire paint........

Edited by Martin
  • Like 2

pacer

Tom,

If youre wanting ag tires, these at stopandgo tires are about as close as you can get to original, theyre bigger and are a bit of a snug fit but do work and look killer and a pretty decant price too...

http://stopandgotires.com/modelsize.asp?ProductCode=%27FA512%27

Edited by pacer

tom h.hill

Now that I picked up another horse .B-80 in real good condition I want to fit it with a set of AG tires.this thing runs like a bear.so ill giveit some good paws.if you no what I mean.still havent figured out how to put pics on yet..I want everykne to see my toys.this is turning into quite the new hobby for me..ya gotta love it.

k2wilson

Hey Martin, how did you go about positioning and bending the dash decal?  I'm soon gonna be doing that for my 953. 

Martin

just a matter of working out the positioning so the decal is on square and starting from either the top or bottom across the width of the dash plate. if you want to you can just peel the backing a little as you go, but i find it easier to just remove the backing altogether and hold the decal up off the surface its being applied to. if the decal is air escape (ask Terry on this-usually its got 'arlon' in red on the white backing paper) you can just install it dry. when they are wet its hard to get a good line in the fold without it lifting itself. 

with most of Terry's decals they are easy to apply dry and work the air out of. if you find one that won't come out or your positioning is getting off while applying you can just lift it up and re apply. i think Terry has a video or two on his store site on how easy it is. these are on the 3,4,500 series hood decals but its easy to see how to do it.......

its been a while since doing the dash decal but they are a relatively easy one to do. no holes to line up and slots etc, all that gets trimmed out after the decal is applied.

here are the videos...

http://www.redoyourhorse.com/wheel-horse-videos/

Edited by Martin

Ironman

I know I'm jumping in long after the fact, but just wanted to say thanks for sharing this amazing rebuild. You do excellent work Martin! This is exactly the kind of motivation I've needed to get moving!   

• Like 1

fireman

Martin I can't believe I missed this thread! I only just read it now. Great job on the tractor and on documenting your restoration!

• Like 1

bowtiebutler956

Its always nice to see these great old threads pop back up. Especially ones as nice as this. :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 2

Ken B

Martin I can't believe I missed this thread! I only just read it now. Great job on the tractor and on documenting your restoration!

Thanks for bringing this one back to the top Jeff as somehow I missed it too! As always Martin, WICKED NICE!!

• Like 2

Martin

Thanks guys. I thought all of you were just ignoring me!     :ychain:

I like revisiting some of these old ones too, not just mine but from all of the members.......

this one will always be sort of special for me though, as it was my first. nearly 4 years ago now, as they say, time flies when your having fun..... 

bowtiebutler956

Yup, I remember when I joined here, your avatar was a pic of you sitting on the seat of your newly restored 1054.  :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

• Like 1

Horse46

Amazing! no other words  :cool: 

I've been wondering what to do to my first Horse, and I think after reading through this today I'm going to leave it as it is!

If this is just a rebuild then  :omg:  what would a resto look like?