bowtiebutler956

So, is the noise gone? :thumbs:

Matt :flags-texas:

Martin

i thought i heard it a little down low in the rpm range, but maybe i was imagining it? ran it mostly up high tonight and its gone......

before it would be real noticeable around 2000 rpm and would get worse as the rpms increased. so now im happy i can now run it at 3000+ and its quiet.....

• Like 1

Terry M

Glad you got it fixed! some good info for when I rebuild my next kohler someday. :handgestures-thumbupright: :tools-wrench:

Martin

before.......

th_CIMG1027-1.jpg

and after....

th_da36ae22.jpg

Terry M

Sounds Good Martin! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Martin

well heres the last chapter in this saga, the seat.......i constantly hear about the lack of seat on this one, that ive gone onto other tractors and dont care about the seat.to be honest the horse blanket served me well, but i must admit the seat that i just installed looks awesome.im very happy with it, i wanted red and white instead of the black and white and i also didnt like how the lines for the colors go on the back rest at an angle, so i asked the trimshop i got it done at to change these few things. i made up the plywood bases and fitted the backrest with hidden nuts to be able to bolt it to the backrest frame....anyway heres how it looks, jeanine hasnt seen it yet,(its now her tractor) but i think shes going to be happy with it........

seat bases cut out and fitted.....

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

seat all finished........

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

alright, i think i should be done with the seat :teasing-poke: now, maybe....... :confusion-scratchheadblue:

i could probably put the blanket back on for special occasions, hey mike? (ol550)

right after i post this i think i will upload one of the seat pics to the gallery, just to get the word out that the blanket has been retired........ :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 4

Anglo Traction

:thumbs: 'Icing on the Cake' Martin, Jeanie should be very happy with it.

ol550

It took a lot of this :teasing-poke: but now it's done. Two tractors with new seats. :handgestures-thumbup::omg:

and they do look good. Mike

bowtiebutler956

Looks great Martin! :text-datsphatyo: So, thats the wifes tractor now, is that what it took to pick up the C-160? :ychain:

Matt :flags-texas:

Martin

actually its been hers for a while now. i guess ever since i started the 1057.

thanks for the comments on the seat guys, i couldnt be happier how it turned out. i was worried that the trim shop and i werent on the same page as to what i wanted, but they did a beautiful job on it and it just 'finishes' it off......

seems comfy too....

sorekiwi

I really liike that seat Martin. I was a little worried when you said red and white, but it does look good.

Did they make a pattern for the covers? Theres a few of us that need 1054 seats...

Martin

not sure about the pattern, i just sort of marked out where i wanted the colors to be and they took it from there. i was very happy when i saw it for the first time today. nice work.....

they charged me $55 for materials and $95 for labor. i was worried at first about the cost, ive heard of guys getting them done cheaper, but i didnt have a problem handing over the money in the end.... :thumbs:

as far as the colors go, jeanine wanted the red instead of black, i wasnt bothered either way..................

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Really makes it stand out! Very nice color choice,I bet your wife will love that! Jake

Martin

jake, that case red was really hard to match up. i sprayed some sample pieces at work to take for material matching. i had 5 or 6 bright reds to choose from and some shades of a burgundy. at first i went darker, but putting the material color sample next to the tractor instead of my small powder sample made me reconsider and i went lighter on the red. the white was a good match right from the beginning, real close to my powdered sample.

one thing i noticed with the powder is that it seems to darken over time.. my white powdered sample is the same paint as my wheels but the sample was painted last week and the wheels were painted 12 months ago and the wheels look a little darker now......

TallFrank

Martin - I'm a newbie of the first degree - just picked up a 1100 Special this morning! I just wanted to thank you for your posting of this rebuild - it was by far one of the most helpful things I've ever seen and helped get me over the jitters of having to tinker with my machine. I'm far from doing anything from the scale of your project or others on here but you helped make me realize that it can be done. So thanks again and my compliments on your beautiful 1054!!

• Like 2

chris hall

one word. drool !!!!!! love this one too.

Martin

just went through this thread again. funny looking back at the pics and seeing how 'empty' my garage was, different story today......

thankyou to everyone who looked at, commented on, or even helped me out along the way on this one.

it was my first, learned a lot along the way, and definitely got me hooked on these tractors......

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

MARTIN: Your 1054 ( I mean Jeanine's) is still the best redo project I have seen on Red Square postings and of course I am partial to the 1054's too!

Yes it is something to look at-and remember what it was like to have spare garage space isn't it!

Horse Play

Beautiful tractor!

What are the rear tires? I love the tall, skinny look with the ag treads.

Martin

rear tires are b.f.goodrich silvertowns 6.40-15 2 plys. they are the original type tires that were on the tractor. the ones on it now replaced dry rotted ones that came with the tractor. i was lucky enough to pick up a really nice used pair from kelly. a little bit of millers tire paint got them looking nice....

Kevbo

Martin what you have done with this tractor BLOWS MY MIND. I spent a half hour today reading through the whole story...you are a true craftsman and I only hope to be able to do something like this someday soon!

zanepetty

Wow. This thing looks amazing. I really cannot believe this is your "worker!"

Martin

Well that's not the case anymore, more 'workers' have since been added to the herd, and some have found there way also to just show and play status. This one was claimed by my wife and is now her tractor to ride around at shows and home etc.

this thread started right at the beginning of this whole wheel horse craziness for our family.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zanepetty

Oh OK. I thought that was way to nice to work!

Martin

That doesn't mean that it doesn't get dirty though. I don't consider any of my tractors " trailer queens". They were brought and fixed up to enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2