Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Restoring a 36" Rear Discharge Deck

nylyon

Brittany and I were busy this morning and we began to disassemble the 36" RD deck for the C-160. The deck shell is very solid and 100% straight, it is in excellent condition. We got everything off, but as with anything old it will need some parts.

First, the outside pulley's. These were held onto the spindles with brads, yes small nails. Seems at one point in time the pulley's must have gotten lose and rounded out the inside a little. Are these a common pulley which I can pick up at TSC or something?

And second, one of the spindle housings is broken. I can probably get it welded, but more likely will need a replacement. Does anyone have one they are willing to part with? The spindles seem pretty good, just the housing on one of them is broken.

That's it, the rest of the deck is complete and nice!

I will try to get the decals off of the deck so they can get duplicated, but they are pretty beat up. That's all for today, I was actually thinking of putting the 42" SD on the C-160 and doing a little work...... NAH..... I'll leave it on the 414-8...

TT

I have you covered on a spindle housing, Karl. :whistle:

I'm not too sure about the pulleys though, but I will look around. (Both outside pulleys off of the original B-80 deck came off hard and in pieces.)

They have the "double D" hole and the recessed underside, so as far as I know they are WH-only. I'm thinking they have a smaller OD than the pullies used on the bigger decks too. (which I do have)

I'll see what I can find.

P/N for the pulley superceeds from 8392 to 105781 - which are listed at PartsTree for $18.00 each.

nylyon

Thank you for the housing TT, I certainly owe you one! Now I know why they were held in by brad's..... :whistle:

TT

I located two pullies, Karl. One is the old cast original (#8392) and the other is it's stamped steel replacement. (#105781) Everything will need a good cleaning, but should be what you're looking for. :whistle:

deckstuff001.jpg

nylyon

Terry, put them in my pile, and thank you I appreciate all you're doing to help get this completed!