Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

School

mavfreak

believe it or not there very strict on time. there was a accident on way in and was half hour late. No exceptions!

Thank You Bob and sam, I appreciate that!

As far as looking a Wheel Horses I just don't seem to find them as easily as some on here!

AMC RULES

I knew, based on your age and life experience, you were going to excel head and shoulders above your peers. Keep up the good work, stay focused, you'll go far. :woohoo:

mavfreak

Wow,

Being awhile since I was on Here.

To let anyone know I finshed school at the end on sept. I finsished top of my class with 3.89 gpa and perfect attendance.The 99% from the frist semester was a missprint. I have a Assosetes Degree in Automotive siences. I am an ASE Master tech with the L1 advanved certivifit. I have my PA state inspection licesn class 4 ( I can inspect anything cars/trucks under 17000lbs, trucks over 17000lbs, buses, motorcycles) I have my PA emissions license, An I am PA certified emissions repair tech.

I started work on Oct 1st at AAMCO as a transmisson Rebuilder.

So thats what has been keeping me away these last couple of months

Hey were is the dam spell check?

• Like 1

Duff

Welcome back and congratulations! Glad you made it through and sounds like you did real well! Lots been going on since you left us; much reading and catching up to do!

Best wishes for the Holidays!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

mavfreak

Welcome back and congratulations! Glad you made it through and sounds like you did real well! Lots been going on since you left us; much reading and catching up to do!

Best wishes for the Holidays!

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

yes there is alot of chatching up on here. Plus learning how to navigat the new sight (new to me) last time I was on this sight was just getting set up. I like it so far!

And best wishes to you for the holidays!

Heath

Trouty56

I've thought about how you were doing many times while reading old posts. Good to hear from you.

Sent from my phone........

squonk

I started out in 79 with an A.A.S. in Auto Technology. Worked in Dealerships until 94. All Flat-Rate shops with too many mechanics and not enough work. They all say they are busy but once in the door it was a lot of standing around. Brown -nosers got all the good work. Then went to Napa for 10 yrs. Taught myself A/C and Refrigeration then took a night class to get the license and went to work at a local hospital. Take care of over 400 pieces of equipment as well as kitchen equipment and rebuilding pumps and ordering parts for everything we work on from beds to boilers. Should have done it right out of college.

JimD

It's good to hear from you Heath, hope you'll be a regular fixture around here again. :)

tunahead72

Congratulations and welcome back! I wondered how you were doing also. That was a gutsy move, and I'm glad it worked out well for you. Well done! :handgestures-thumbup:

6wheeler

Glad to hear its working out for ya. But, here's a thought. (Part time schooling involved) Auto body tech schooling. Then you have Auto tech degree, Body work degree, Plus, Master welder. Then Mama takes a business management course. And shortly? There is a new Mom and Pop Garage located in PA. Just a thought. Pat

mavfreak

Always a posility!

Did Auotboby for a while wasn't my cup of tea. But I did have small buisness corse while in school. But heres the neat part. I am a AAMCO certified Transmission REbuilder. Now there is a buisness to go into. Cars will always have a trans, even Hybrids.

squonk

Nothing like the smell of a burn't up trans in the morning! It smells like....Victory! I had a turbo 350 out of a plow truck that got so hot pieces started welding themselves together! :jaw: :)

midnight rambler

guys dont forget your welding carrier behind, i do the same in the winter months, i work on asphalt plants in the winter months and not sure where im going to be from week to week, could be home at night could be gone for 5 weeks and not see home, (money is the greatest ) i saw dont forget about your welding and fab experience just for the simple fact ::::: how many kids today do you see that are willing to go work and get DIRTY to make a living. kids now days just want to look as good when get done as they do when they go in. good luck on your new job. being a part time horse farmer ( wheel horse ) im dirty all the time and wonder in the back of my mind what do people think of the dirty slob they are looking at, do people look down on me? i just laugh on the inside and think to myself if you only knew,,,,

mavfreak

Nothing like the smell of a burn't up trans in the morning! It smells like....Victory! I had a turbo 350 out of a plow truck that got so hot pieces started welding themselves together! :jaw::)

It's the smell of money to me.I see many transmissions welded together! Some I can't even get the clutchs out of drums and have to get a new drum also.

guys dont forget your welding carrier behind, i do the same in the winter months, i work on asphalt plants in the winter months and not sure where im going to be from week to week, could be home at night could be gone for 5 weeks and not see home, (money is the greatest ) i saw dont forget about your welding and fab experience just for the simple fact ::::: how many kids today do you see that are willing to go work and get DIRTY to make a living. kids now days just want to look as good when get done as they do when they go in. good luck on your new job. being a part time horse farmer ( wheel horse ) im dirty all the time and wonder in the back of my mind what do people think of the dirty slob they are looking at, do people look down on me? i just laugh on the inside and think to myself if you only knew,,,,

I agree with just about everything you ae say but the simple fact is no one wants to pay in that feild anymore. In 1997 I was working as a Mechanic and got a job in a fab shop making double what I was as the mechanic. In 2010 they closed that plant and moved to mexico. I could find a job as a welder making half what I did. Now I work as a mechenic starting out making a dollar more than what I was making in the fab shop.Its a strange circle!