Sign in to follow this  
Clarkbug

C-120 Attachment Lift - Another Photo Request

Clarkbug

Hello All.

So Im asking for some more photos from folks here... Now that mowing season is upon us I cant put off getting the :thumbs: going. With your help I have a reasonable exhaust system, which is good. I still need to get a brake band lever (guess who broke it off removing the adjustment nut?), but more importantly, I need to get the mower deck working properly.

Im having some issues with that (see the attachments forum for that) already, but I wanted to make sure I got it mounted properly. The manual shows a length of chain attached to the trunion that is adjustable. I have a piece of threaded rod that looks sorta beat. Does anyone have any photos of what should be there to raise/lower the mower deck? I just dont want to screw anything up if I can help it!

Thanks in advance!

lobo

Hello, the rod that is there is what I had on my C-100, 8spd. but I found that it hung up sometimes so I took it off and replaced it with the chain lift off my C-145 parts tractor. This is what it amounts to,,

KGrHqMOKj8E0tz5dOWBNbuEBQqw_12.jpg

I hope this helps, can be found on E-Bay-item#190510703149, Wheel Horse Pats and Acc.

WH854

Hello, the rod that is there is what I had on my C-100, 8spd. but I found that it hung up sometimes so I took it off and replaced it with the chain lift off my C-145 parts tractor. This is what it amounts to,,

KGrHqMOKj8E0tz5dOWBNbuEBQqw_12.jpg

I hope this helps, can be found on E-Bay-item#190510703149, Wheel Horse Pats and Acc.

What happened to the picture?

Chas

lobo

This is a layout of what you have, except where the chain is you have this...

KGrHqUOKowE1z5YuDkkBNr6MnVnPw_12.jpg

Which I assume to be right, like I said I had one on my C-100, but the Auto's have the chain, which I like better

1978andup.jpg

Hope this clears it up

Clarkbug

That does clear it up! I do have that solid rod with the nut on it, but mine is bent all to heck.

I think I like the chain better as it allows the deck to float if it needs to. I know the rod should float too since it can just rise in the trunion, but Im guessing that didnt happen with mine....

Thanks all! You guys are all super! I like to tinker, but these WheelHorses are a whole other animal! Stuff is so simple, yet not....

WH854

This is a layout of what you have, except where the chain is you have this...

KGrHqUOKowE1z5YuDkkBNr6MnVnPw_12.jpg

Which I assume to be right, like I said I had one on my C-100, but the Auto's have the chain, which I like better

1978andup.jpg

Hope this clears it up

That first picture shows the adjustment rod for the back wheels on your mower if it is like the mower in this picture.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=23196

You can see it on the back of the mower

Chas

rueger-99

Clark....here's the best I could do with photos of my own c-120/8. I took photos of everything during disassembly, so if you need more send me a PM.

IMG_2555-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

IMG_2553-Copy-Copy-1.jpg

WH854

Clarkbug you can go to your local Toro dealer and get the parts for the lift.here are the P/N for it

#20- P/N6739 Trunion

#21- P/N 9335044 Hair Pin

#22- P/N 106522 Chain lift

#23- P/N 32153-2 Nut

#24- P/N 322-4 Bolt

#25-P/N 920008 Washer 5/16

#26-P/N 3217-6 Nut Hex

I think that is all of them :thumbs: You can go here and check them out, just put the P/N I have above :wh:

http://www.rcpw.com/wheel-horse-parts/

good luck with your project!!

Chas

hcminis

Think this is exactly what I need for the C-160. The chain style is correct for the C-160 right? OR, will the rod work as well?

Clarkbug

Thanks All! The photos and part #s are definitely just what I was looking for!

Wish I had a good local dealer for Toro stuff. I do for most of my other parts needs, but that one is tough...

WH854

Think this is exactly what I need for the C-160. The chain style is correct for the C-160 right? OR, will the rod work as well?

I have a C-105 and C-165 Auto, they both have the lift chain style on the lift bar :thumbs: They are better I think :wh:

Chas

WH854

Thanks All! The photos and part #s are definitely just what I was looking for!

Wish I had a good local dealer for Toro stuff. I do for most of my other parts needs, but that one is tough...

You can always buy them online I gave you the P/Ns

Try this Site!!

http://www.rcpw.com/

Or this one!!

http://www.partstree.com/parts/

I have used them both :thumbs:

Chas

Clarkbug

Thanks Chas!

Don1977

My C-120 came with the rod I found that it some times binds. I changed mine to a chain and like it a lot better.

Clarkbug

Any chance of the Photobucket links in this thread getting updated? I didnt get a chance to save the one showing what all of the different holes in the attachment lift are for.. That was a pretty handy picture!

lobo

Hey Clarkbug, here is what you are seeking I think, hope it helps you.

1978andup.jpg

Clarkbug

Exactly what I was looking for Lobo! Thanks again! I need to save that to my computer this time... Or at least know what model number to look that up with when I forget next time.

Thanks!

lobo

Your welcome, glad to help out

The Toolman

Garry west sent me the operators manual for the c-series tractors rear an side discharge mowers.

I have it in pdf form an would send it to anybody that would pm me with their email addy.

I have no way to put it on here since I don't know how an don't wanna learn. I'm about as computer smart as I wanna be right now..... :hide:

Clarkbug

Garry west sent me the operators manual for the c-series tractors rear an side discharge mowers.

I have it in pdf form an would send it to anybody that would pm me with their email addy.

I have no way to put it on here since I don't know how an don't wanna learn. I'm about as computer smart as I wanna be right now..... :hide:

Thanks Toolman.

I downloaded the C series and deck manual from the Toro page (or the wh manuals group), so I have those. This picture just wasnt in either of those manuals for some reason, but was super helpful.

Thanks for the offer!

The Toolman

Thanks Toolman.

I downloaded the C series and deck manual from the Toro page (or the wh manuals group), so I have those. This picture just wasnt in either of those manuals for some reason, but was super helpful.

Thanks for the offer!

I do have the pictures of the chain from the cross shaft hanging down an hooked to the lift bar if thats what ya need

Never mind, I see above that you have what you need. I just had a coupla pics of it in real life from below.