Sign in to follow this  
rocko_brown

uuugghhhhh cant find it??

rocko_brown

So changed all the wiring and got a fresh battery but it still hasnt kicked over for me :thumbs: . And i dont get a spark. so i figured it has to be the coil. Well the autoparts store doesnt have it. atleast thats what the clerk said. I dont know. is there another kind that i can use? like a part number someone has that i can give them to get something that will work? i know its a 12v coil so another one should work with the same capacity.

smoreau

So changed all the wiring and got a fresh battery but it still hasnt kicked over for me :thumbs: . And i dont get a spark. so i figured it has to be the coil. Well the autoparts store doesnt have it. atleast thats what the clerk said. I dont know. is there another kind that i can use? like a part number someone has that i can give them to get something that will work? i know its a 12v coil so another one should work with the same capacity.

Go to tractor supply and pick one up, 12 volt one should work good. I have one of them.

TT

Points & condenser are good, right? :thumbs:

If you don't buy an OEM Kohler coil, make sure the replacement is 12V with an internal resistor.

If all else fails, go back to the auto parts store and ask for a coil for a 1966 Jeep CJ-5. (4 cylinder)