Sign in to follow this  
jrfan882008

engines

jrfan882008

did any of the little nut roasters ever have a clinton engine on them :whistle:

CasualObserver

Yup... the RJs. I dont' know particularly which ones... but I'll be TT does!

DMESS

RJ-35, RJ 58/59 and 400 can be equipped with Clinton engines.

B-1200 3.6 hp on RJ 35/58 and B-1290 4 hp on later RJ58/59 as well as 400's.

I honestly can't say that I've seen a 401 equipped with a Clinton but I would imagine it is quite possible.

TT

I heard through the grapevine that only some of the early 400 Suburbans had B-1290 Clintons. :whistle: Seems Wheel Horse was doing their now-famous manufacturing trick of using up existing inventory on the following model year.

I can't say that I have ever seen a 400 with a Clinton, and I have never heard of a 401 with anything but a K-91 Kohler. That doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere though. :WRS:

linen beige

I heard through the grapevine that only some of the early 400 Suburbans had B-1290 Clintons. :whistle: Seems Wheel Horse was doing their now-famous manufacturing trick of using up existing inventory on the following model year.

I can't say that I have ever seen a 400 with a Clinton, and I have never heard of a 401 with anything but a K-91 Kohler. That doesn't mean they aren't out there somewhere though. :WRS:

I've seen some 400s listed for sale with Clintons, but they are not mentioned in the parts drawing/list or the owners manual for them. WHPI may have had a few sitting around at the start of the '60 model year and used them up.