Sign in to follow this  
cyclone1

cyclone

cyclone1

my grandfather left me his old cyclone spreader. to me this is one of a kind and they don't make them like this anymore. so after 20+ years gears have worn out. i'm looking for parts any type of info you may have to suggest, where to go or find would be greatly appreciated. seems like my searches say obsolete, antique, and hard to find parts. i'd really like to fix this one instead of buying a new pull behind spreader.

thanks,

travis

Gene_S

These units were built in Urbana Indiana just about 8 miles from me. You might call the number below and see if there are any left over parts?! :thumbs: It use to called Cyclone MFG.

Spyker Seeder LLC

140 Mill Street

Urbana, IN 46690

1-800-972-6130

www.spyker.com

gwest_ca

See you can download some manuals from here

http://spyker.com/manuals.html

Garry

cyclone1

thanks for your input guys, i will give a call in the morning and check out manuals.

i did speak with someone earlier from "cyclone" after searching for a few hours and their response was "we haven't made those in 30 years no parts available" but i will not give up i know i can find someone who can help.

thx

squonk

I got one of those bad boys. Thing is an animal. Bought it for $25. Small crack in the adjustment dial. A couple of tiny rust holes. Tires hold air. I will always remember it for being the last thing my C 160 was pulling before the hydro went out! :thumbs::wh: :D

cyclone1

Mine in excellant condition just gotta find gears. I mean aftr 30 yrs of service, I suppose most gears will wear out. Thx everybody!

Anglo Traction

They even made over to the UK. I have a Model 93a. I will get around to fixing it up sometime. Here's a link to my previous photo post enquiry.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21712

6wheeler

You may have to do what I did with an old spreader I had and have the gears made. Can you put a pic on here? I have never seen one of those, show the gearbox if ya can and I'll print it to see if my brother can make gears for it.

rustbucket

if you cant find factory new old stock gears you can give these people a try.

http://gearsmade.com they can remanufacture new gears useing your old gears as referance.

cyclone1

6 wheeler and rustbucket i will try and get some pics city maintenance man has it right now so i will get in touch with him to take pix of gears and gear box, thx for all your help.