Sign in to follow this  
trettig

Bolens Ride-a-matic

trettig

How many of the early 1956-1957 Bolens Ride-a-matic were produced? The model with the round hood? There seams to be a lack of info about them.

Tom

grnlark

Funny you should post this... I'm not sure on the stats, but coincidentally there's an original '57 with factory front mount sickle bar en route via truck freight to Rocky Hill, CT as we speak :thumbs:

corn53

I also now a young man who has a few of them in his front yard in R.I. Sharp lil tractors!!!

trettig

I purchased the 1957 ride-a-matic from the young guy in RI. He was excellent to purchase from. He has a wonderful stock and choice of different tractors. He is located along route 146 in North Smithfield RI. Stop in and chat. He was great to deal with.

trettig

Matt,

Congrats on your Ride-A-Matic. I have been looking for one for a while.

There was a Beaver Tractor in Dracut MA a few weeks ago. 1961 with stearing wheel. Excellent condition. Motor did not run. Although there were about 3 attachments that went with it. Did anyone here purchase it?

corn53

I purchased the 1957 ride-a-matic from the young guy in RI. He was excellent to purchase from. He has a wonderful stock and choice of different tractors. He is located along route 146 in North Smithfield RI. Stop in and chat. He was great to deal with.

Kenny is great to deal with. He also has a lawn ranger in the yard. Did u grab that also??

trettig

No - not the lawn ranger. I purchased the Ride-a-matic and the Craftsman Yard Hand. Both are in good condition given their year. I am really excited about the Craftsman. 3 wheeler. It is the tractor that gave an option (attachment) of a circular saw on the hood. Small and similar to the Bantam tractor.

Tom

grnlark

Now you've got me jealous. The Yard Hands are super cool and hard to find. I always liked how you sit so far down in back and the hood is up in front of you. And they have that crazy huge pulley system. Super cool machines.

B-8074

Any of you have a pic of these tractors? I saw an old Bolens on CL that has a rounded hood and grill.

trettig

sorry for the delay of photo. Any help aging the tractor. 1956-1958. Who knows?

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-11-1303559836.jpg

Gerry w

Super cool tractor! Love those old Bolens! Are those the original tires on it! Quite the find! :thumbs:

rydogg

Very cool tractor I've been trying to find one of them for a while now. What motor do these use? I have a kohler K160 I was told that these were used in the old Bolens :thumbs:

Coadster32

Here's a few of pics of the one I had. It was a 58. 1960 brought about the square hood design. This was a cool tractor, and ran great too. Not sure on the production numbers, but I did get a manual for it off e-bay.

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

I ended up trading it for a lawn ranger and cashola. Afterthoughts are not too sure if I shoulda done it or not. It looked nice original, but would have been a knockout all restored.

VinsRJ

Nice tractors...... I do like those Round Noses.

They ran K91s I believe.

If someone is interested I have a engine drive pulley (with reverse disc) and a gas tank and bracket for one of these. They'll be on ebay shortly, unless someone chimes in.

Gerry w

Wow Chris, that was some rig! Would have loved to see one of you guys restore that! Thanks for the pics! :thumbs:

grnlark

Here's the one I have coming in a week or so.

Attached Image

post-11-1303607771.jpg

Gerry w

Gesssh Matt,

How and WHERE do you find these things?? :thumbs::wh: Are you going to restore it or what?

Can't wait to see.

Gerry

Coadster32

Matt, that thing is in real nice shape! Good luck with it. (BTW-it freewheels down hills)

VinsRJ

(BTW-it freewheels down hills)

That causes issues? :thumbs:

grnlark

Gesssh Matt,

How and WHERE do you find these things??