Sign in to follow this  
BigRedD180

Dually D on Turfs

BigRedD180

Do any of you have any advice for making a D180 a dually w/ Turf tires? I am told that I need a ring in between the rims (12") and some long carriage bolts or threaded rod. Does anyone sell a kit or at least the rings?

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1

Kelly

unless you are using narrow tuffs watch it, the extra leverage on the axle could snap it off, are you needing rings for 12" or 15" rims? I've seen the 12" on ebay, you might try a welding shop to see if they could roll the steel to the size you need then weld the ends together to make rings.

Gerry w

I had simply used wheel weights and the long bolts to hook up duallys on mine. But good advice on the power to wheels to breakage thing! Be careful!

Horse-Drawn

I hope not to get crucified for suggesting this :thumbs: but has anyone tried making duals out truck rims? You know, like on trucks... One rim flipped in & one flipped out. It would allow more payload/torque without cantilevering as much pressure on the axles and bearings.

Just my imagination a play :wh:

• Like 1

Kelly

Flipping the wheels will work on some tractors, not on hydros or the models with the gas tank under the fender, they have limited space behind the tires.

BigRedD180

I did not think about the increase in leverage when you add another tire on the axle, thanks Kelly. As always you guys are the best when it comes to WH :thumbs: . I seen some other WHs with duallies and thought that they look bad a$$ and would help with traction but it is not worth blowing out the axles. Guess I am going to have to look for some ags since I will be playing in the dirt here shortly, I was looking for something cheaper than another set of tires. I'll have to let some air out of the turfs and see if helps.

Thanks again.