Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

New Duals on the C520

kj4kicks

Finally got to install the new duals on the FEL. Now it has (4) 23x10.5x12 Carlisle Super Lug ag tires across the back. It fits in the trailer with about 2" to spare LOL.

The wheels are the ones from ebay, and they do have the correct backspacing for WH. The outer set was installed backwards to test a theory. After getting a scoop load of whatever, backing out of the pile was an issue. Not any more ! That fixed that problem, so they will stay that way.

P1055908.JPG

P1055909.JPG

P1055910.JPG

CasualObserver

and next.... a diesel locomotive horn! :D

Seriously that thing looks awesome and tough as can be! Do you just sit and look at it and think of ways to make it cooler? :WRS: :whistle:

bustedglass

Cant make it any cooler :D:whistle::WRS::D . Looking GREAT !!!

nylyon

Very nice, very nice indeed.

Bow_Extreme

Very Nice Tractor!! I just picked up a set of dual wheel spacers for my 520H. Now I need a set of wheels & tires to go with it. Did you use the standard wheel horse dual spacers on yours? I would give anything to have a bucket like that as well. If anyone comes across one of those for sale, please let me know.

Thanks

kj4kicks

Thanks for the comps !

Mine are original WH spacers. The downside is that the 520 uses a different one than any other, due to the 8.5" wide wheels. The outer wheels can be either width, and the original WH kit used 7" wheels for the outers.

chevelletown

Eldon, I haven't been able to post much lately, but I have to take a moment to say how much I like your C-520H :whistle: and now you've just made it even better! Want to build another? LOL (but then you wouldn't have the only one in the world)

Thanks for the inspiration,

Ken

kj4kicks

Hey Ken, Good to see you around again!

I am going to build another one, but not exactly the same. No way the new one will be done for the June show. This one is due for some new hoses for the bucket.

What kind of cross-breed did you have in mind? Drop me a line....

Thanks!

E.

Sparky

Man that things wiiiiide! Are we gonna need a bigger tent/canopy at the show :whistle: .

Looks great Eldon. I'm thinkin since my "D" is not gonna be ready for the show I might bring my dualie tractor.

Mike........

Kelly

All I can say is :whistle::WRS: it's huge looks cool, gotta love duals

Curmudgeon

and next.... a diesel locomotive horn! :D

Seriously that thing looks awesome and tough as can be! Do you just sit and look at it and think of ways to make it cooler? :WRS::whistle:

Ummm, I have an air horn in the garage, and a compressor from one of those Lincoln's that had air bag suspension...................

Just in case you're curious........ :D

Dale

bustedglass

Hate to sound :imstupid: , but I dont know much about duals. Why are the outside tires on "BACKWARDS" ?

Rollerman

The outer set was installed backwards to test a theory. After getting a scoop load of whatever, backing out of the pile was an issue. Not any more ! That fixed that problem, so they will stay that way.

Was at the top of the thread Mike in E's initial post.... :WRS:

Ags are directional provideing traction more or less one way....you mount a set backward as Eldon did you have added stability & traction going the other way too. :whistle:

Nick

Duals on the C-520 might make it harder to load on the trailer but it sure makes them stable. :whistle: Looks cool to. :WRS:

Ken,

Put a loader on the Super C. The long wheelbase makes them great loader tractors.Aset of offset wheels or duals make them stable also.

th_fire008.jpgth_fire003.jpgth_loader004.jpg

T-Mo

Eldon,

I hadn't been posting much lately - dial up here at home almost takes the fun away. But I got to comment here - I LIKE IT! :whistle:

kj4kicks

All loaded up for the NAMA show. When I said it was a tight fit in the trailer, I wasn't kidding!

P5280036.JPG

Also replaced the 12 hoses that run the FEL. Still have to do the 2 to the pump, but they didn't look bad. That will wait for another day...

P5280037.JPG

P5280038.JPG

P5280039.JPG

and a little present that TD sent with my last order:

P5280040.JPG

Buzz

and a little present that TD sent with my last order:

Gotta love that decal................. :whistle:

kj4kicks

Gotta love that decal................. :whistle:

Even better than a decal, it's a magnet !

Just by luck, it's large enough to cover the holes that are still in the hood for the ornament.... shhhh !

KyBlue

Thats a sweet magnet - well honestly the whole setup is pretty awesome, and like probably everybody else here, Id give alot for one of those FEL's

linen beige

Of all the astoundingly impressive features of this machine, :whistle: I like the headlights the most. They make it seem like it's watching you, :D like it's, ALIVE. :WRS:

nwh1-0475

I was wondering about the headlights, are they the 55 watt driving lights that can be purchased at a autoparts store?

kj4kicks

I was wondering about the headlights, are they the 55 watt driving lights that can be purchased at a autoparts store?

Yes they are. I welded a flat plate inside the hood to mount them on, while it was being modified. The other bonus is that they are a few inches higher than the stock ones, so they shine over top the bucket when driving.

I don't think the OEM lense will take the heat, so I need to fab up one that is removable.

Curmudgeon

That will have to be the MOST talked about Wheel Horse at the show this year. I'm so glad I'm going to make it, just too bad I had to sell my stuff do it. LOL

nylyon

The plaque should read:

"C-520 VERY limited production, made only 1 year in York PA"

kj4kicks

That will have to be the MOST talked about Wheel Horse at the show this year.

Thanks guys, but I really hope that isn't the case. Don't take that the wrong way, I am honored that you think that way. There are much more deserving creations out there than mine. All I did was fab up a hood, and cut some extra holes in a fenderpan. After seeing TT's Black Tractor in person, I can tell you there's alot more going on there than meets the eye.

Same goes for all the other heavily modified machines: the pulling tractors, etc.

Glad to be a part of it, and proud to fly the RS and WH banner, but the light is better pointed in another direction.

E.