Sign in to follow this  
fabricator2009

Tilling with a d200

fabricator2009

Need help from all of you d series guru's. I am trying to till my garden with my d200 and a 50" tiller. I can't seem to get a constant speed. It's all or nothing. Is there something I need to adjust or is it just my inexperience with a hydro. I usually use a c141 with an 8speed. Thanks in advance, Ken.

B-8074

I'm don't have a D series, but have read a few posts about tillers. They all say that the hydro tractors tend to get pushed by the tiller. If there was a way to reverse the rotation of the tiller that would help. But the masses say it is best to use a manual tractor.

Jim_M

Ken,

It may sound silly but when I had a D with a tiller I had the best luck tilling the first pass in reverse. After the ground is loosened up it works ok going forward.

Jim

fabricator2009

Thanks Jim, I will give it a try. I'll try anything once, twice if I like it.

Jim_M

Ken,

I forgot to add that you need to tie the flap up or you'll push it into the tines when you back up.

Jim

wheelhorser

Also make sure your 3 point is set to float and not apply ground pressure.To do this you remove a pin from the 3 rods under the tractor.If you do not set it to float the tiller will shove you forward.