Sign in to follow this  
whfan74

Mentone Swap Meet

zieg72

It was a tough decision not to come but letting my wife be without a car for going on 2 weeks was more important... After over looking at close to 50 cars on line, actually test driving about 15 she found one today and we signed on the dotted line. It was a long process but we got er done. Maybe next one. Glad the reports were good...

Lane Ranger

A cold, wet and windy day in Mentone but lots of Red Square members in attendance and lots of good dealing going on. The Mentone Swap meet was well attended early in the am and lots of goodies to go over.

Here are some photos for those that could not attend today.

101_0077.jpg

101_0075.jpg

101_0071.jpg

Nice NEW 60th Anniversary tractor

101_0070.jpg

101_0066.jpg

101_0065.jpg

101_0065.jpg

101_0064.jpg

101_0056.jpg

101_0074.jpg

:thumbs:

gattonde

Thanks for posting the picts of the show. Makes those of us who couldn't make it, kinda feel like we can see what it was like. Wet but alot of nice tractors.

Dan

Lane Ranger

Nice tractors and some great people too!

Here are a few more photos:

101_0060.jpg

101_0072.jpg

101_0073.jpg

101_0076.jpg

101_0062.jpg

MalMac

Lane Ranger thank you for the Pics. I was going to go but alittle bit of life got in the way. Maybe next time. Does Mentone have another one in the fall?

dunk50

Jim, great to meet you and thanks for a sweet deal. Hope your as happy as I am!!!Is there another meet in the fall????

Jim_M

There is another one in the fall. Ken or Gene will most likely post the date when they figure it out.

Last fall the turnout was great, the place was full.

Paul, I'm very happy and I'm glad you are too.

Martin

man, that was the longest i have travelled for a swap meet, but it was so worth it. picked up a 1054 deck shell from lane and some nice ags from kelly. thanks guys. was nice to talk with a few of the members on here. i managed to get fairly soaked by the time i left and it was 5 hours getting home with the detour to portillos for some dogs but its all good. thanks to all for the day and especially to lane, david and clifton for showing me some 'ralph hospitality'.

martin

fabricator2009

Thanks to everyone who came. Finally got to put a face with some names. Despite the weather we had a very successfull day. And as always, I need to thank Gene and Sara for their hard work helping Richard and I put this on. They are a big asset. Also I want to thank Steve (Refracman) for delievering my finish mower for me. Ken.

whfan74

Thanks again Ken, Gene, and Richard for putting on the swap meet again this year. My little boy was there for a few hours and enjoyed every minute of it. The weather was anything but enjoyable, but getting a chance to talk to many of you again, and meeting some others, was well worth the wind and rain. Sold a few things and was happy to have the chance to attend.

refracman

Ken and the gang thanks as always for puttin it on. Ive been comein for 5-6yrs? and I always spend to much :thumbs: but never leave without a smile on my face.This year was no different and it seems the weather is well..... spring and what else is expected in the midwest?

Besides we tuff guys right? and if it was to nice the wife would want to come :D and that would put a serious dent in my :D spendin!

Ken your welcome and glad I could help.

O I did make it home with no mishaps too. :wh:

Brrly1

I know he made it home safely because I followed. Gene I hope to see pictures of you draggin' that wagon around. I think the trike would be a good puller for sure. As always it was good seeing everyone. It was kind of a bummer only being there for a short time but I plan on a full day in the fall. Rumor has it that it will be roughly around the 16th of September. Looking forward to hooking back up with Ken to grab one of his back blades. Refracman and myself both made it past Tractor Supply this time. I did watch all the cross traffic as I approached Warsaw. :thumbs:

:wh:

stevasaurus

Looks like another great time...thanks for the pictures Lane. I was expecting to see some mud. Good everyone made it home this time. :thumbs:

byoung

Guys I had a great time yesterday at the show. I enjoyed meeting Ken,Kelly,Scott,Steve and everyone else. Big thanks to you Ken and everyone that helped but on the show. The trip home was not that great my 8 hour drive turned into a 13 hour drive home. I left the show made it to Elwood In. and the dash light came on and said to check gage looked over and was only showing about 10 volts on the volt meter. I found the dodge place in Elwood to see if they could help but that was a no go their was no one working in the service department. The sales person did try to be helpful and called around to see if he could find a mechanic shop open but no luck there either. We found an auto zone in Elwood but they didn't have a alternator for my truck in stock.They were extremely helpfull also and called all of there competitors to see if they had one. We found one in Marion IN about 20 miles a way so we headed out with a hope and a prayer that we would make before the batteries on the truck completely died.We made it barely got the alternator put it on the truck in the pouring down rain with the wind blowing 30mph. The guys there at O'reilly were very helpful also they let us come in a take what ever tools we needed off the shelf and use them. With all of that out of the way and back on the road we made it to Louisville KY somewhere around 9pm and found that there was some kind of derby festival going on and they had closed I65 and I64 thru Louisville and detoured everyone to 264 around Louisville

so we sat in a traffic jam for about 2 hours and finally made it home around 1:30am this morning. Man what a day! As bad as the the drive home was it was still worth it had a great time and can't wait until the next time I can make it up to another show.

:thumbs::wh: :D

Lane Ranger

I would like to thankl Ken Stephens and Richard Lane for all the hard work and dedication to the Wheel Horse preservation done at Mentone wvery year.

A big kudos for all your work over the years on what is one of the best Wheel Horse events every year!

I really enjoy this event.

Lane Ralph

aks Lane Ranger

Greencastle, Indiana

fabricator2009

Thank you Lane for the kind words. But it wouldn't be possible without all of you guys coming from so far away and supporting us. Just when I think I want to hang it up and forget about it, I meet a RSmember and they remind me that we collect the best tractors ever made. As my son told me a few days ago, I would be doing this until the day I died. He's probably right. Ken.

dunk50

I will also say it was great but I have a suggestion for next year. EVERYONE that is on the internet / RedSquare etc. should where a paper name tag. YEA a name tag with their user name. I am reading a bunch of guys that were there that I have dealt with and missed getting introduced to. It went like yea, Hi, Paul Hammons, ok, hi Paul. I go by dunk50, oh yea I sold you some parts. Where your names and we could all say HI to WHO we deal with!! What do you guys think??? :thumbs:

Kelly

That is one reason I go by Kelly, it's my name, easy to remember, I met a bunch of you and can't remember your names or mix up your real name with someone else, screen names real names?!?, and I sell lots of stuff to you guy on here and then meet you I can't keep it all straight.

Gene_S

Ken "Chevelletown" had a really nice name tag on Saturday at the swap meet. Ken where did you get that made or did you make it on your laser machine?

chevelletown

Those are made on the laser. They have a magnetic clasp and can be cut on aluminum, plastic, wood, leather, stainless.... PM me if you want one.

nametag.jpg