Sign in to follow this  
horsefeathers

High speed

horsefeathers

Horse lovers, My dial up ISP has been givin' me the smack!

That's why I ain't been around for awhile!

I checked with the local cable co. and I can get cable!

I'am the last address in the sticks that can get cable!

But I think it cost too much! $57 for non customer or $42 if you join!

The bundel,TV, Phone and Internet!

Total bill about $150 a month call me cheap but...

Good lord that's a lot of money! My dial up is $15 bucks!

But yeah it SUX! What to do, what to do????

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

kloe0699

Hf. That is alot of money! We have everything packaged together also for $106 a month. That is more than I'd like to pay but the roadrunner is worth it for me. Check around some.. A couple of times we have found they offer 12 month promo's, we are on one right now, saving $23 a month for a year. Good luck!

whfan74

I have a bundled package through our local cable provider. So far it works out really good and I bumped up the speed of the internet a little bit. For the bundle I pay $112 a month. That included having it wireless so I can take the lap top anywhere in the house and out in the yard with no issues.

rmaynard

Bud,

We have no choice where I am. In the woods, so no satellite, too far for DSL, FIOS is not in the county yet, dial-up just plain sucks, so we are stuck with Comcast.

Our monthly bill for HDTV with DVR, plus high-speed internet is $112.00. :thumbs:

T-Mo

If I had the opportunity to get cable or dsl, I would jumped at it. My options are Hughesnet or dial up, so I took Hughesnet after years of dial up. I have to pay $90 a month to get a boost in speed from the basic, but it's still slower than the cheapest dsl or cable options. But it beats dial up.

mavfreak

depends on how fast i was going and how lenient the cop or judge is at the time! :wh::D :thumbs:

zieg72

$39.95/month for DSL currently 100.0 Mbps which I have checked it a couple of times and it is always in the 90's. No cable or sat.

mowerman1193

My manual says it only goes 5.3 mile per hour. Don't think that is considered high speed, :wh::D:thumbs:

No I am in a bundle through my phone co. for 75.00 that includes my home phone with caller I.D. free long distance and call waiting with the DSL. I seem to think if you can get it through cable for around $100 then that would be about going price considering I have Dish Network too and that + the DSL is around 125 or so...But then again when I was on dail-up I had to pay $40 just for my phone not including long distance+ $12 for the dial-up, LOL ..It was kind of a no-brainer for me to go DSL..

Kevin

MaineDad

$0 because I work for Time Warner Cable :thumbs:

It's one of the employee benefits!

smoreau

I have at&t dsl for 24.95 a month. a little slow on big down loads but 100 times better then dial up!! pics take a few seconds to come up on this site but 15 seconds later is ok with me compared to $45 for the fast version.

Daddy Don

All of you guys have it made. I pay $170.00 a month for the cable bundle. That includes all of the sports channels that you could want. With this for my wife she lets me play with the horses and fish all I want. :thumbs:

can whlvr

i live in the country but am lucky to get dsl,my bundle is around 150 a month and i agree its a lot of $

horsefeathers

Thanks for the food for thought guy's!!

I currently pay $68 a mo. for Dishnetwork,

$25 for basic local only phone,

$15 for dial up internet!

Total $108 a month!

Soo... $150 or less is a bargan I guess???

Hi-def chanels,local and long distance phone and hi-speed internet!

Who knew? I'll check into it !

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

jdog_kustoms

see if you have dsl it is alot beter them cable from what i here i have it and love it and if you can get embarq you can bundle your dishnetwork with phone and dsl and the prices arent to bad i think we pay 180 a month but have 250 regular chanels and sports for the wife so i can play with horses and unlimited long distance and middle grade dsl

Dresden Guy

Here's how I hookup:

DirectTV: $29.99/month for 250 channels and 4 TVs connected w/ 1 HD box (with all my first year promos and $100 referral rebate - next year probably 54.99/month)

Time Warner Cable: $49.99/ mo. for internet connection - My average bandwidth speed: 20+Mbps download, and .5Mbps upload.

>>>>> You can check yours with a website: http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

and for phone: buy a PhoneJack and use your high-speed cable connection for your phone - $19.95/year

Direct TV $30 / mo. (incredible reception & 220 TV + 30 Satellite music!!)

TWC $50 / mo (super bandwidth speed)

PhoneJack $1.75/mo (no long distance charges

$81.75 total

rick

We use a little USB modem that connects through cell phone signals.

Much faster than dial up, cheaper than satellite. We use Verizon, but other cell providers have the same deal.

Kelly

We have ATT DSL, I'm happy with the speed most days, we have the faster DSL, not sure what we pay, I just put the money in the bank the wife pays the bills, but I do know our phone, with options and DSL is one bill, ok the wife just said it's $100 a month.

Shuboxlover

We have windstream out here.

49.99/mo for unlimited phone and 3MB dsl....

then bundle Dish Network DVR....

I think our total bill is around $130 (with every channel except HBO, SHOWTIME, etc....)

N1GHT0WL

Like MaineDad, I also work for TWC, so I receive DOCSIS service as part of my benefits.

I also have 512K DSL from Centurylink as a backup and am currently paying $29.95 a month for it. Hey...what can I say, I'm a network engineer :wh:

Also if the cable goes out, how else am I supposed to login here ?? :thumbs:

PPGman

Something you might want to inquire about ,if you have mobile phones is the ability to "teather" the internet connection from your phone to another computer/ device. I got a new cell phone a few months ago that does this seemlessly. When i want to use the internet on the laptop it uses my phone as a wireless hot spot and hooks right up. Its a bump slower than our DSL connection, but it is fast enough for me.

Needless to say, the DSL (and the bill) went bye-bye, and this is what i use at home now. Might want to ask your carrier if this might be an option.

truckin88

I use to get cable free when I worked for TWC tech ops in NY as a cable network engineer...great company, awesome perk....but then I switched companies, and TWC for a bundle went to about $140 after tax for the mid range package with DVR.....

THEN FIOS CAME....yes it is amazing, at least here in NY....it crushes cable in internet speeds, phone call quality...the TV at first was not as good as TWC....but in the past 6 months...they stepped up their game hugely....They gave me a locked in price for 3 years....$115 after taxes...thank you verizon

Horse-Drawn

I live in the woods, 15 miles from the nearest ANYTHING... I'm the last house on my

(1.5M) DSL route. I have DISH network on a 30' pole to clear my trees. Add the unlimited phone to the bundle & it runs me around $150/month. I think it's insane for the DSL speed, but I was out voted. ...Doesn't keep me from complaining every time I pay the bill.

GlenPettit

I'm paying $89/month for a bundle with 200 channels and a usually fairly high speed modem (most of time, but peak times it really slows . . . we get spoiled using with having the new technology very quickly).

After seeing what others are paying, I guess I don't feel so bad with our price, "today".

Michigan Glen

theoldwizard1

AT&T has some great deals on DSL starting as low as $15/month. My advice is to upgrade to a bit higher speed because it should include a free (after rebate) DSL/wired/wireless router like this.

It works fine for web browsing including picture and You Tube videos. I don't know about downloading movies.

Also AT&T now sells DSL even if you do NOT have a land line !

theoldwizard1

THEN FIOS CAME....

Without too many gory details, can you explain the difference between FIOS and FTTH ?

AT&T just got done doing FTTN in SE MI last year. I think that was a mistake and they will have to do the "last mile" in fiber soon.