Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

AG's go back on today

nylyon

This is the time of year when the lawn seems to be wet all the time, getting colder and yet the grass grows faster than in the spring. This week, I have been enjoying (to a certain extent) using the RER to cut the grass, but it seems that when I go up a hill, which we've got plenty of, the tires are spinning. As wet as it is, it is taking a toll on the grass.

Today's task will be to take the turf's off and put back the AG's with the weights on the 414. I am hoping that the agressive AG's will actually do less damage than the constant slipping of turfs. Of course when the AG's slip I get trenches :D

kj4kicks

I think you're making the right choice on tires for wet grass.

But if you ever NEED trenches, you know what to do !

Eldon.

T-Mo

There are some people who mistakenly think that ags (bar) tires will damage a lawn, but I believe they do less damage. Whereas turf tires will spin on wet grass, ags will grip and not spin, therefore doing less damage.

dyt4000
worthless.gif

Curmudgeon

I agree, ag tires do less damage in the long run. I disagree however that each and every topic needs a pile of pics.

Just my opinions anyway.

Dale

nylyon

I know, I know..... I didn't take any pictures (yet). I work from home and was able to put them on during my lunch break, then had to get back for a meeting to attend to so I had to rush just to finish. I'll get the installed pics soon...... I can already tell, these will get much better traction.

dyt4000

Yeah, I put some ags on my Craftsman cause I got some sand in the yard and it made a huge difference...and for the record, the grass didn't mind one bit!

Rollerman

There are a lot of Mennonite's in my area (Modern Amish) & it's interesting to see there lawn & garden equipment!

All this talk about ags tearing up the grass?....LOL

Must of never seen a Mennonite with a late model Exmark Z turn mowing with STEEL wheels!

They all run the steel wheels...be it an old tractor or new mower.

It's weird to see them wip out off the lawn to do there turn on the road only to spin the wheels & make sparks.

They seem to do well on the lawn except where the trim circles around trees.

I have a couple sets of ags I bought at Portland this year that I need to get mounted up yet....lazy I guess.

Stephen in northern IN

CasualObserver

Saw this on another board and thought about the Ag tire discussion... check these mama's out... pay no attention to what they're on... but evidently they're Bridgestone Farm Service Lug M - 6x12s from Austrailia... :D Why can't they sell those here!?!?! I bet those have a pretty good snow-bite and they look tough!! (of course they look like a pretty rough ride too <_ hrrmmm....>

tires.jpg

nylyon

Now that's what I call LUG tires! I have to admit, the CUB looks pretty sharp too! Lugs like that would look great on the older round hoods.

Sparky

I like em but they would need to be at least a 23x8.50x12 for me.

Mike.....

CHARGER9AUTO

I like em but they would need to be at least a 23x8.50x12 for me.

Mike.....

Mike, I put the 23x8.50-12 rear AG's on my '65 1045 with round rear fenders and they look Cool with them on a short frame tractor . Ben.....