Sign in to follow this  
Buzz

Here's another thought..........

Buzz

Does anyone have a VCR/TV combination? I could bring my copy of the video Ed Mayhew's son made a couple of years ago at the show. Think it's called "Horsing Around". Those who havent watched it might enjoy seeing it.

rocking 416

I have a dvd vcr combo . ill see if i can come up with a tv i think a friend has one

nylyon

Buzz - I can convert that onto a DVD if you would like, then have a computer version as well, that way no TV/VCR required.

Buzz

Buzz - I can convert that onto a DVD if you would like, then have a computer version as well, that way no TV/VCR required.

Not sure how that would do with copyright infringement :whistle: . I don't see where it would be a problem if you made a copy so we could watch it at the show. I tried to get Ed to make another batch to bring to the show but nothing so far. PM me your address and I'll send it to you to work your magic on.............

CasualObserver

Hopefully this being a milestone (10th) year and shooting for 700 tractors..... he will want to make another one. It's Ed's brother, not his son. He has a little bio piece on the DVD that says he studied communications, but works for a printing company, and keeps filmmaking as a hobby. Anyone been in touch with Ed, to ask if he could persuade his brother to make a new one? :whistle:

BPjunk

Ed's brother Derick that made the "Riding Horseback" video will be at his high school reunion that weekend ....... so we have to try it another way. That movie was made from over 9 hours of tape filmed at the Wheel Horse Show. :whistle:

Bill in Richmond, Va.

nylyon

Is this the video?

RidingHorseback_small.jpg

I thought I saw that on DVD somewhere :whistle:

CHARGER9AUTO

Is this the video?

I thought I saw that on DVD somewhere :whistle:

Yes - Karl, I have one of each VHS and DVD The Wheel Horse Show . Ben

nylyon

Was it really on DVD also?

DMESS

Was it really on DVD also?

Yes!

T-Mo

Man, I wish I could find a copy of that video, and of course, the book. Which reminds me - is the new edition of the book on sale at the show? :whistle:

oldandred

Man, I wish I could find a copy of that video, and of course, the book. Which reminds me - is the new edition of the book on sale at the show? :whistle:

Treed Ive heard that there is gpoing to be another book but havent heard any thing for a long time i guess we will have to wait and see

I think some one was messing around but we will see

CHARGER9AUTO

oldandred

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben are you sure about the book ???

dont you think he would have tryed to talk more about it by now :whistle:

I'm sure about the 2nd Wheel Horse book Jerry . Ben

Sparky

I'm with Jerry on this one. If I was going to debut my new book I would be doing alot of promotion stuff on all the websites that attract WH guys.

Mike............

Curmudgeon

Updated Feb 14 2008 (from yahoo wheel horse):

"Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on my new Wheel Horse book. I have finally finished the book and will be going to print next week. The debut of the new book will be at the show this June in Pa. Both Cecil Pond and I will be there signing the books.

This 2nd limited edition is not just a reprint of the first edition. It is greatly expanded with much, much more information, stories, photos, documents, etc. There is even a huge expanded section on the Indy 2 1/2 events.

Having said all that, another amazing part of the new book is an audio CD (included) featuring Cecil Pond reading the forward to the book. This professional qaulity recording will preserve Mr. Pond's voice for many

generations to follow.

I am very proud of this 2nd. edition. I know that you

will all enjoy it even more than the first edition.

With Great Pride,

Mike Martino"

Updated Dec 6 2007:

Available Spring of 2008 from an internet site to be announced later.

Here is is an excerpt from the author's description:

"The book is a greatly expanded version of the first edition, but also includes a Compact disc featuring Cecil Pond himself. The book is full color as was the original, but includes many more photos and a huge amount of new text as well."

The next edition will be available via the internet. Watch this introduction message for further information on obtaining a copy.

Or, forward an email to Ken Hilliard asking to be added to the list to be forwarded to the author.

--end--

Updated May / Jan 2007:

Currently unavailable new. Used condition may be possible. Probably will continue as the Highway Heist on Ebay. Keep trying the search links for the bookstores.

I have heard it is coming as new book different cover, revised book same cover, soft cover no pictures, and so forth.

But it is expected spring of 2008.

oldandred

Updated Feb 14 2008 (from yahoo wheel horse):

"Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on my new Wheel Horse book. I have finally finished the book and will be going to print next week. The debut of the new book will be at the show this June in Pa. Both Cecil Pond and I will be there signing the books.

This 2nd limited edition is not just a reprint of the first edition. It is greatly expanded with much, much more information, stories, photos, documents, etc. There is even a huge expanded section on the Indy 2 1/2 events.

Having said all that, another amazing part of the new book is an audio CD (included) featuring Cecil Pond reading the forward to the book. This professional qaulity recording will preserve Mr. Pond's voice for many

generations to follow.

I am very proud of this 2nd. edition. I know that you

will all enjoy it even more than the first edition.

With Great Pride,

Mike Martino"

Updated Dec 6 2007:

Available Spring of 2008 from an internet site to be announced later.

Here is is an excerpt from the author's description:

"The book is a greatly expanded version of the first edition, but also includes a Compact disc featuring Cecil Pond himself. The book is full color as was the original, but includes many more photos and a huge amount of new text as well."

The next edition will be available via the internet. Watch this introduction message for further information on obtaining a copy.

Or, forward an email to Ken Hilliard asking to be added to the list to be forwarded to the author.

--end--

Updated May / Jan 2007:

Currently unavailable new. Used condition may be possible. Probably will continue as the Highway Heist on Ebay. Keep trying the search links for the bookstores.

I have heard it is coming as new book different cover, revised book same cover, soft cover no pictures, and so forth.

But it is expected spring of 2008.

But Dale nothing sinse Feb,14 2008 wouldnt you be on every group pushing the book ????????

go back and look at who put the post up kinda funny

oldandred

Dale after looking at suppose to be mikes yahoo name JD87318 with no nothing in his profile I dont think thats him I belive its a big FAKE

just my thoughts alone

I hope Im wrong

Buzz

Let's hope that Bill P checks in on this. He is supposed to be in touch with Mike. I'm hoping that it's on the up and up. On another note, I wonder if Ed mayhew will make it. Usually the month before the show he is online answering questions etc. I know he's been very busy at work and personal life and hasn't been keeping up with his decals, but I hope he makes it.

Curmudgeon

Dale after looking at suppose to be mikes yahoo name JD87318 with no nothing in his profile I dont think thats him I belive its a big FAKE

just my thoughts alone

I hope Im wrong

That was copied from the Goldpan site, though it was quoted from a yahoo group originally. Don't know who JD87318 is or where you got his name.

wh500special

many months ago I had an email discussion with Mike about a Pond cultivator...we also discussed his book and he was then fully expecting to debut the revised version at the 2008 show. Apparently he recorded an interveiw with CP on a Cd that will be included in the book and has added more internal company info than before.

So, I don't think it is a scam and I would expect Mike to be there. From our discussions I think he is pretty busy guy, so perhaps he doesn't spend much time online and hasn't checked in for a while. Hopefully no ills have befallen him or his family that are keeping him away from our curious minds....

In short, he does have a new book and he was planning to be there. if he's not, you'll have a few extra bucks to spend on WH iron.

Steve

T-Mo

I also saw that post in the yahoo groups a few months back. I've emailed the author who was/is supposed to be Mike. He emailed me back and said he was to debut the book soon and would let me know when. Haven't heard from him since and I couldn't really verify if it was him or not. I hope it does debut soon, though. :whistle:

baerpath

Does anyone have a VCR/TV combination? I could bring my copy of the video Ed Mayhew's son made a couple of years ago at the show. Think it's called "Horsing Around". Those who havent watched it might enjoy seeing it.

I have one I can bring with me (tv/vcr)

Let me know if you need it

Duane