Sign in to follow this  
dgjks6

tires made in the USA

dgjks6

I am looking for tires for all the horses. Found a good source nearby, with good prices.

My choices are

1- Deestone

2- Kenda

3- Carlisle

I assumed Carlisle was a US made tire, but I can not confirm this.

Deestone is Thailand?

Kanda China?

Just looknig for thoughts.

If one brand is a lot better, then I will go with that, but if all equal I would prefer US made if possible.

Pollack Pete

The only new tires I buy are Carlisle.I believe they're still made in the USA? At least I hope.I've had great luck with them.

B-8074

Check out this link USA Tires

jcb857

I just bought some carlisle tires for my 857 that I am redoing and they look good but they are little high in price. But I like buying USA products when ever I can.

Ken B

I'm pretty sure I have seen Carlisle tires with the Made in China stamp on them.

Kelly

I like to buy made in the US stuff but it is getting hard too. I like Carlisle tires, but I like the Deestone Tri ribs they are about the best, I have a bunch of differnt brands of them, the Dee's are hands down the best.

jimbotelho

Ken I think you are right I bought pair of ags and the sizes are not even right they should have been 10/50 12 and they look more like 950 you have seen them on my 417 and now on my 753 not sure for certain but next time out to the shed i will check to see where they are made :thumbs: :wh:

Jim_M

Carlisle tires are made in the US, but bear in mind that just because it says Carlisle on them doesn't mean they are actually Carlisle tires.

The Chinese are notorious for making counterfeit products.

They have discovered counterfeit Dunlop and Michelin tires coming from China as well as NGK spark plugs and there are probably lots more that we haven't heard about yet.

Here's one example: http://www.ngk-sparkplugs.jp/english/techi...fake/index.html

Just remember, if the Carlisle tire you're looking it is priced well below all of the others you've looked at, it may not be an actual Carlisle tire.

Ken B

I'm almost certain my new Carlisle boat trailer tires purchased at Tractor Supply say Made in China on them. I will have a look tomm. I have alot of buddies who purchased Carlisles for their boat trailers, I know for a fact that some have had premature blow outs and they were Carlisles from China.

I have a spare boat trailer tire that I purchased last yr. from Tractor Supply. Its a Carlisle Made in U.S.A. tire. The tread is like new still but the sidewalls are shot from cracking due to the sun! So I can tell you this, no matter where they are made, they are junk.

Jim_M

Sun will ruin any tire.

Audioshot

Carlisle is listed as an importer. They do have some molds from Titan Corp but are outsourcing their smaller lines like AG's overseas in China and India. They have to, otherwise these tires would be $200 each and couldn't compete. AG and turf tires like the ones on the WH tractors are made by forming the bias ply's by hand. There is no automated process like in passenger tires. Remember too that rubber compound is organic. They are a perishable item and do have a shelve life so sooner or later, they will harden like a pencil eraser and crack. I work with tire plants all day long.

Ken B

Sun will ruin any tire.

In a yr?

Jim_M

Yes, if the tire was already old and hard before it was sold.

I bought a new camper a few years ago, the tires starting cracking and need to be replaced within 6 months. The date code on the tires showed them to be 6 years old before they were even installed on the camper. They were a cheap import tire to start with.

Audioshot

Tires on your car are made of high tech synthetic polymers and petroleum. They wear like iron and last over six years++. The ones used on trailers and farm are made from a high percentage of natural organic rubber (latex). Unfortunately, farm and industrial tires do not have a DOT plant code that list the MFG date. UV, salt air, ozone (nearby power lines) and dust wreak havoc with tires. To be honest, I'm not even sure what kind I put on my 310-8. Some no name ones that were $60 each.