Sign in to follow this  
d200

rear three point mower

d200

I'm pretty sure that woods made the wheel horse finish mower, but I'm not for sure. I believe the woods Rm59 model is the same correct? Are all the woods rm59 cat 0 hitches? I see the woods all the time for sale on the internet and locally. Was just curious as always.

canam1991

i had a rm 49 on my 160 make sure its a left hand spinning model

pfrederi

Woods made lots of different 59 series units for many other tractors. I have one designed for belly mount on my Case VAC. Also have the WH 3 pt version for my D200.

Spindles, blades and some deck shell parts are interchangeable.

With the 3 point versions you will have different pulley setups based on varying PTO speed. Standard is 540 but the WH is 2000+. I do not know what other speed(s) may have been used (e.g. for John Deeres etc) As mentioned there were right and left spinning blade setups depending on the specific model

d200

I was not aware that there was right and left hand spinning models. I'm glad I was told that thanks. I'm still looking for a wheel horse model, but if I come across a woods I still might jump on it. :thumbs:

pfrederi

I really think that you would be better off waiting for a WH model. While there are a lot of similarities between the various editions Woods made there are still many differences. Coming up with the parts you would need to convert will be time consuming and probably not cheap.

d200

I finally found a descent wheel horse finish mower and was wondering what a descent price was for one? Its complete with driveshafts and everything. The guy has never used it so he doesn't know if it really needs anything. In the pictures it looks pretty good , but has been sitting outside for quite awhile. If anybody can tell me what a reasonable for this would be I would be grateful. I know it's hard to tell without seeing pics, but I just want a ballpark figure. Thanks

pfrederi

The decks are made out of pretty heavy steel so I doubt there will be rust through (if there is I would walk away). Look underneath there is a baffle system. it is more prone to rust than the deck itself. Make sure you have the complete drive shaft, top link is nice but can be replaced at TSC. Spindles can be rebuilt.

I paid $2300 for a new Woods L59 as a belly mount for my Case VAC 5 years ago.

If you do buy it there are a lot cheaper sources for blades, belts seals etc than WH or even Woods.

d200

Are the driveshafts for the tillers and rear finish mowers the same? I don't have what I call the intermediate shaft the one that hooks to the rear coupler of the pto system for my tiller, but the mower I am thinking about buying comes with both.

pfrederi

FWIW here is the parts list for the mower drive shaft. The toro site can't seem to find the info on the tiller.

12c1ec127088125.jpg

Item 3 is # 103287

item 5 is # 103289

Item 10 is # 103293