Sign in to follow this  
mailman

Winch?

mailman

I was wondering if anyone has a winch attached to their tractor. I saw a guy on Ebay who was selling a fabricated plate that attached to the mule drive on which you attach an electric winch to. Looked like it might work. He sells it as a plow lift.

here's a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/wheel-horse-wheelhorse...1QQcmdZViewItem

TT

My "everyday use" 416H has hydraulic lift - which can lift any "normal" attachment on all 3 hitches. :WRS:

When I first saw his listing, I thought he was a WH off-roader and used it to pull his tractor when stuck. :D

Ian ("stigian") now has Jim's ("Mith") front-mounted PTO-driven winch made from a riding mower transaxle. If you look around on here a little you'll find a picture or two. :whistle:

WheelHorse_of_course

I have a project to convert one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=120263721595

Into a lifting arm for the back of the tractor. It uses a winch to lift the platform.

In the short run the plan is to simply use a chain from the top of the arm, though my thought was to eventually get a hand-crank winch to go on the top.

Not sure why I need this. The original plan was to build a 3 pt hitch from it, but Cat 0 stuff is so hard to find I gave up that idea. :whistle:

I think I could use it to lift a heavy log far enough off the ground to allow cutting it without getting the chain saw dirty!

And the winch might com ein handy for other things.

Stigian

Hiya Mailman, here's a few pic's of the winch that Jim built to help you out.

Cheers Jim for the pic's i pinched from your website :whistle::WRS:

winch3.jpg

winch1.jpg

winch4.jpg

mailman

Not QUITE what I had in mind. :whistle: I did see that in another thread.

It was in the back of Jim's pickup or maybe it was Ian's, I think.

Those pics are great. Jim must live on the wettest soil around. He is always axle deep!

linen beige

Ian, Was this the inspiration for your 314-8 4x4? If ever there was a NEED for high flotation tires (helium filled at that) in a duallie set up.....

But in true Wheel Horse fashion, and further proof that with the right attatchments these things are limitless, it did pull itself out!

Mith

:whistle: Mailman, it can be a bit damp!

Seriously, if you want a winch that can really pull you want a mechanical or hydraulic one.