Sign in to follow this  
linen beige

1962 WT-242 Tiller

linen beige

The engine was a Lauson/Tecumseh 5hp vertical shaft which dove a belt to a worm gear drive on the tine shaft. These were made from 1962 to 1964.

Bill in Richmond, Va.

The WT-241 from 1961 and the WT-242 from 1962 had 5 1/2 hp engines. The WT-244 from 1964 had a 6 hp engine. I have seen no mention anywhere of a WT-243, so I guess that Wheel Horse may not have sold enough WT-242s to warrant building one. Toro says the WT-242 was only available in 1962. The speed reducer (SR-64) was not introduced until 1964, and the speed reducer for the WT-30, the tractor mounted tiller from 1960, came with the WT-30. To get the reducer in '61, '62 or '63 you had to order the parts for the one used with the WT-30 and put it together from scratch.

TT

This discussion/comment was moved from the picture gallery.

The galleries are for pictures only.

Thank you.

Original post here:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1220

linen beige

[ The speed reducer (SR-64) was not introduced until 1964, and the speed reducer for the WT-30, the tractor mounted tiller from 1960, came with the WT-30. To get the reducer in '61, '62 or '63 you had to order the parts for the one used with the WT-30 and put it together from scratch.

While looking at the list of available accessories for my 702 on Toro's site, I noticed they list a speed reducer, model SR-62 in addition to the SR-64. It's also listed with the 701 and 753, maybe more models. :D However, when I try searching for it there is no more information. :whistle: It is not listed in the model number list and the searches don't turn it up. Are the listings a mistake? Has anyone heard of or have/had one? :WRS: