Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

GT-1600 Redo/Engine Mod

sgtsampay

Thanks guys.

can whlvr= Yeah, I will be using it for mowing and snowblowing. I have a 42in RD deck that needs two patches and some paint. Thats my next project. :thumbs: Then i have to look for a 2 stager.

sgtsampay

UPDATE: I got it to run. I learned very quickly about the difference between diesel oil and gasoline engine oil are. LOL. Also, the diesel runs way better and quitier than I expected. I also added the muffler system so it doesn't smoke me out. :thumbs:

It has a nice amount of power but I can only judge it so much by riding it. Also, the seat has been ordered so I'm waiting for that. Then i need to do some basic wiring but I have to consult with a friend on that one first. :wh: Well, enough chat and here are the pictures and the video.

100_0489.jpg

100_0491.jpg

100_0492.jpg

th_100_0490.jpg

massey

Sweet, I'm definitely going with one of these diesels for the current project. :thumbs: Any reason you chose this importer over any of the others (quality, reputation, etc.).

Duff

Bobby, GREAT job there buddy! :thumbs:

I'm really digging the black frame concept, too!

Duff :wh:

sgtsampay

Thanks guys. :thumbs:

TT

I'm really digging the black frame concept, too!

It's supposed to have a black frame:

1982GT1642005.jpg

The red paint is what isn't right. :thumbs:

dpm2000bolt

Sweet, I'm definitely going with one of these diesels for the current project. :thumbs: Any reason you chose this importer over any of the others (quality, reputation, etc.).

well who you deal with is people that is in Michigan, not overseas I bought on on sunday and had it tuesday.. I got it and love it

sawhorse

Bobby,

That is an excellent restoration you have done. With those weights, chains, and that engine, you probably will be able to pull down a house or destroy that 4 pinion differential. You now have one very capable machine.

Jon

sgtsampay

Thanks sawhorse. I mounted my super snow/mud tires and kept the weights. That way I don;t have to deal with chains. The tractor now looks super mean. :thumbs: Tomorrow I will get some pictures. LOL.

sgtsampay

Ok all. Here is the current look of the tractor. Thanks to a fellow member for helping a ton with electrical diragram, I was able to get all of the wiring done up on the tractor. I tnow has working lights, a glow plug and a electric starter/ampmeter. Its a joy to use now that i don;t have to pull start it a hundred times when cold. LOL.

Well, here are the pictures. I couldn't have done it without the great people here. thanks again.

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

dpm2000bolt

Bobby glad to help and glad you got it working the way you wanted it :thumbs: it was just looking at mine and figuring it out how to wire it up to what you wanted...

littleredrider

Can you get some up close shots of where the motor is bolted to the frame?? I think mine is close to stock location, but I can't close the hood cause of the air filter housing hits the hood. Not sure how much more I can move it over before the pulleys don't line up.

Horse'n Around

Bobby, You did a incredible job on it. That diesel looks like it was "born" there :thumbs: Great attention to detail, very clean job! If WH had made a diesel, it would have looked just like yours I bet!