Sign in to follow this  
jrfan882008

new horse

jrfan882008

well guys bought my first nut roaster today she's sittn n shop with the 2 other keepin warm best i can tell it looks like a 61 :whistle: where are the nubers found on one of these looks like tt's 401

TT

Alright, Glen ! :whistle:

Get us some pictures, please. :WRS:

jrfan882008

will do had to leave work this mornin to go pick it up got her for 150 at yard sale had plow with it

DMESS

If it's a 401 the serial number could be in one of two places. Early 401 used a cut version of the 400 serial plate mounted on the right forward side of the hood upright support. Late 401 used a serial number decal placed on the top of the right front corner of the frame.

T-Mo

Congratulations, Glen, on a great find. When you can, please post pictures. :whistle:

linen beige

best i can tell it looks like a 61 :whistle: where are the nubers found on one of these

Easier way to tell! if it has a rectangular cut out for a throttle and a choke lever, just behind the steering wheel, it's a '60. If it has throttle and choke knobs on either side of the steering wheel, and a ROUND hole just behind it, that may or may not be covered by a large washer with a toggle switch in it, it's a '61.

linen beige

where are the nubers found

Just wondering, can you define "nubers"? :whistle::D:D

I might be looking for a pair of nice unretouched original ones myself, but I need to know if we're on the same page first! :WRS:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Stigian

A nice find Glen :whistle:

We just need some picture now :WRS: :D