Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

MOLES

6wheeler

Ok all you experts out there. I have been assaulted and completely out smarted by the lowly mole. The little ba%^ds won't go into my traps. They don't like the poison peanuts or the poison worms. Whenever I set my traps they tunnel around them. I think they are related to that gopher from Caddyshack. At night I know they are having secret meetings to talk about me. They are sitting around drinking mole cocktails and giggling their a$$es off. I have alot of woods around me so I don't Know if I can get rid of them. The cats won't touch them and I think they are paying off the dogs. There could be some Mole shaped C-4 creatures coming soon. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Lane Ranger

MOLE-MED , a product that combines castor oil with ivoary liquid soap like material!

Blows them up in the hole -so to speak!

Effective and safe!

:thumbs:

wheelhorse656

walk quitly and light footed out by there tracks after pushing the yard back flate and waiting a few hours. go to we\here the moles have last been working and wait till you see em move then aim your shotgun and blow the snot right out of those little pests. :thumbs: my granpas tried this a few times with his 9mm. good luck :thumbs:

DoctorHfuhruhurr

The farm cats near me think they are toys (dead toys).

mavfreak

If you have moles you probably have grubs. Get something to get rid of the grubs and the moles will go to. Plus if you have grubs skunks like them alot so its probably a good idea to start there!

My cat and my little weiner dog like them and my big dog will let them do the work and then crunch...

farmer

I'm with :thumbs: 656,

A shotgun, a bit of patience..... but a permanent solution.

(had 4 last year).

zieg72

Wrigley's Juicy Fruit Gum, place 1/2 piece where they come up. They love it, can't digest it, it plugs them up and they die. It has been working for me every spring....

n1defan

Dynamite! And run like heck! :thumbs:

Trouty56

There is an electronic device that emits a high pitch noise that is suppose to deter them. My dad has a couple in his yard. The are about 2 inches in diameter and about 10 inches long. Run on batteries.....

They need to be in the ground with the top flush with the surface.

Gene_S

Funny thing when I got home today a mole had made his way across my front yard... :thumbs:

My neighbor told me one time the mole starts to work around noon and after?! So one day I went out side and it was 12:30 and the little bugger was working across my yard. I missed him and he disappeared. I went back out a half hour after smashing his track down and he was on the move again. Rugar 10-22 done the job! :thumbs:

I've killed a half dozen moles catching them working after 12 noon and I know it sounds odd but it's true.

farmer

Trouty56,

We have something very similar in the UK, runs on batteries 8-10" long, bury it so just the top is showing......only difference, it vibrates....and thats where I'm going to stop with this conversation :thumbs:

theoldwizard1

Plus if you have grubs skunks like them a lot so its probably a good idea to start there !

I can vouch for this !

Once the grubs were gone, the skunks left.

mr.pipes

I saw this product on youtube a year or so ago. Looks quite effective and fun other than the killing god's creature's part. Check out this 30 sec clip of the Rodenator.

Trouty56

Farmer.... LMAO!!

:thumbs:

6wheeler

Farmer, is that why you are always sitting in your yard? :thumbs::thumbs: Yesterday, I saw a thing called the Critter Gitter. It works on the exhaust pipe of whatever you want to put it on. You put one end on whatever carbon monoxide producing item you choose and the other end goes into a tunnel. Start it up and come back in 15 to 30 minutes(2 or 3 beers in my case)and supposedly it floods the tunnels and chambers and "voila" their gone along with any other unsuspecting heathen that happens to be down there. Has anyone heard of this? Maybe used it?

farmer

Just wanted to thank Carl, (Zieg 72)

Mr Mole made start on an area of lawn at my place, this year he invited his mates round....or he got himself a JCB :) . Anyway I broke out the Juicy Fruit, one stick.... a day later gum gone. Its now day 5 and excavations have stopped.

Unless he down there formulating another plan, its JF 1 Mr Mole 0.

:hide: Carl. :WRS:

• Like 1

lobo

I too had a mole problem and all I did was got out the lawn roller, not sure that this is what did it but they are gone. :hide:

mr.pipes

You put one end on whatever carbon monoxide producing item you choose and the other end goes into a tunnel. Has anyone heard of this? Maybe used it?

I heard of someone trying something similar.

They had to put down a hamster for whatever reason. I don't remember all the details but basically the critter crawled into the vehicles exhaust pipe.

So the person reved the motor and still no critter came out.

So they put it to the boards and the hamster shot out like a cannon ball into the garage door.

Same end result, just a little messier.

varosd

I agree if you get rid of all those tasty grubs, then your neighbors will have to deal with the moles. sort of like fire ants, you got to chase them out your lawn and into the neighbors! :hide: h

HorseFixer

Last year I Had Moles up the Wazoo! :P Got so bad mowing my yard was like going over speed bumps. :D Damn near twisted & broke my ankle on one. Any who.... what started all my yard fixin this year began last year when I purchased 3 of those Yellow Sweeney Mole Stick thingys from Lowes in the fall (2) Battery (1) Solar. I left them plugged in all winter and this year I have seen (0) Moles. Now My neighbor across the street has all them. :D I see her grandson stomping down mole tracks every night. :woohoo:

I heard of something else that works well with these and other critters. Take peanuts and soak them in anti freeze fully submersed for a couple days. Take um out dry them on news paper in the sun for a couple days and feed them to your dinner guests :D LIGHTS OUT! :ROTF:

tommy3horse

Hello;

I use a long handled 3 prong garden tool. I roll the trails down in the early am. Then after lunch I go out and play wack-a-mole. Its rather satisfying and I have managed to eliminate (confirmed kills) 15 of them since early May. My yard looks great now.

I know that I will always have them, I read where they produce up to 6 young twice a year....the pronged tool is becoming very shiney. :D

Tom

:woohoo:

HorseFixer

Then after lunch I go out and play wack-a-mole. Its rather satisfying...

Tom

:D

Tom I like yer style :ROTF: And Feelin all Satisfied and all, Nothin is as calming as beatin the Chit Outta something..... :D which brings me to another question? :woohoo: I wonder if sluggo would work? :D:D

Cheers ~Duke :D

:P

COMMANDO1

I have a chiwawa...dont know how to spell it,but you get it. And two cats that fight over them. Fun to watch.

They take care of my problem.

Buzz

If you have moles you probably have grubs. Get something to get rid of the grubs and the moles will go to. Plus if you have grubs skunks like them alot so its probably a good idea to start there!

You want something for grubb control with Diazinon. Keeps the moles out of your yard. I didn't realize that skunks fed on them also but we haven't seen (or smelled) any for several years now. Shooting them wouldn't work in my neighborhood, they built a development of McMansions on the next road and they'd call the cops.

philpjuk

Here in the UK I use an old bristol built motorcycle,it works great but the moles return in a few weeks!phil.

post-4525-0-57539900-1325430727.jpg