Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

MOLES

hounddoghundzsa

Chocolate Exlax. Throw it in thier hole. Gives them diarreah. When they crap in thier hole they won't come back. Works for possum and skunk too.

Good luck :kbutt:

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Wonder if that would work on my supervisor at work? :dunno:

With all the crap that comes outta his hole, it would be nice if he didn't come back. :teasing-poke:

• Like 4

hounddoghundzsa

I wish it would! :kbutt:

• Like 1

Prater

Juicy fruit took care of our problem in just one night...Thanks for that tip.

• Like 1

1maidenfan

With all the crap that comes outta his hole, it would be nice if he didn't come back. :teasing-poke:

:laughing-lettersrofl::laughing-rolling::ROTF: LMAO !

• Like 1

Tap53

MOLES!!!, My old girlfriend had a big one on her face, after I told her to pluck the hair out of it because it tickled my nose when I would kiss her, She Left Me.. :angry-tappingfoot:

:eusa-whistle: If I Only had A Brain..

• Like 3

AMC RULES

MOLES!!!, My old girlfriend had a big one on her face, after I told her to pluck the hair out of it because it tickled my nose when I would kiss her, She Left Me.. :angry-tappingfoot:

LOL...and some juicy fruit...she might have stayed. :tools-hammerdrill:

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

That reminds me of the move Uncle Buck

• Like 1

JamesBe1

I would urge caution of you use poison and have pets that may dig them up and consume them. I know my dogs would consider them tasty treats. I used to use some stuff with castor oil, but it was a little pricey. It worked well, but you have to apply it every few weeks or after a heavy rain.

I figured that I would just go buy some castor oil and fill up the sprayer that the original stuff came in. Would you believe that I couldn't find any in the stores at a reasonable price. Just the fancy gourmet stuff in small quantities if at all. I went to about four or five different grocery stores looking for plain old castor oil, and couldn't find any.

Now I just do my best to crush down their tunnels with the tractor tires when I see them.

dkopp

I have not tried this one yet but thought that it might be worth a try. I don't have time to be at the house all day watching for moles but what if a guy would fix up a troutline of sorts with small treble hooks and feed it down one of their tunnels and tie the other end to a stake or something. Then mash down their tunnel and wait for them to dig back through it. Surely the treble hooks would catch something on their body and entangle them. I've got several runs that get used every day, but I'm not home when they run through them. If someone trys this let me know how it works out.

312Hydro

Ok all you experts out there. I have been assaulted and completely out smarted by the lowly mole. The little ba%^&#ds won't go into my traps. They don't like the poison peanuts or the poison worms. Whenever I set my traps they tunnel around them. I think they are related to that gopher from Caddyshack. At night I know they are having secret meetings to talk about me. They are sitting around drinking mole cocktails and giggling their a$$es off. I have alot of woods around me so I don't Know if I can get rid of them. The cats won't touch them and I think they are paying off the dogs. There could be some Mole shaped C-4 creatures coming soon. :help:

Great moment in lawn care-caddyshack-murray.jpg

Fun Engineer

:laughing-lettersrofl::laughing-rolling::ROTF: LMAO !

You guys are hillarious. :bow-blue:

I've tried the poison peanuts. Didn't work. Tried the spring loaded traps. Didn't work. Now I'm going at them from two different directions at the same time. One, I am treating the lawn with Grub killer to get rid of one of their food sources and two, I bought those electronic sonic thingies from HD to try. Don't know how its working on the moles but it seems to have attracted some kind of animal that is trying to dig it up. :eusa-think:

WheelHorse_of_course

If you have moles you probably have grubs. Get something to get rid of the grubs and the moles will go to. Plus if you have grubs skunks like them alot so its probably a good idea to start there!<snip>

The best thing for grubs is "Milky Spore Disease". You make use it twice a year for two years and after that you don't need to treat again since it is a disease! Not all that expensive either. Any ACE hardware should be able to order it for you (there are other place to get it as well).

farmer

I could well be wrong, :hide: but I always thought earthworms were a moles staple diet? hence their need for a extended tunnel network. :dunno:

meadowfield

Here in the UK I use an old bristol built motorcycle,it works great but the moles return in a few weeks!phil.

we've been known to do the same thing :D

Raider

I've had some luck killing moles, and more often, shrews by finding open tunnel entrances and placing a rat trap baited with a piece of sinewy beef trimming. Bacon is great bait also.. or beef with bacon grease. Last year I trapped out over three dozen shrews, this year I've just trapped for a few days and have 9 kills. When it's hot out my bait goes bad fast so I like to trap in cooler weather. I cannot trap shrews with any kind of underground tunnel trap, they just go around or through it without tripping it. I thought I had sneaky moles until I actually started catching the smaller shrews in my baited rat traps.

Ryan H

Get a wooden rat trap and put peanut butter on it best trap we have had here, and dads tried spring traps and more, and they all didnt work.

Coadster32

The sonic things from HD didn't work for me. They tunneled right thru them. Same with the pellets. I do like the ex-lax idea...especially on the supervisor. (oohh crap...that's me.) :hide:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Everybody's got one. :ychain:

Raider

Up to 16 on the rat traps as of tonight. I've got ten traps on a third acre area right now.

joebob

traps work for me, I just set them deep, if its not deep enough they dont, they try to dig down to get around it, I set the trigger at the base of there hole and cover it with dirt, No light!! at all

but Im going to have to try the juicy fruit :thumbs: