Sign in to follow this  
trettig

Any info about- Rugg Carpet Cutter tractor?

trettig

Original Rugg Carpet Cutter with the steel half round steering wheel. 1967? Does anyone have any info about this small tractor. The tractor looks like a huffy

VinsRJ

Tom, you should know by now to contact my brother for info on the old-balls :thumbs:

He's got two of them.

trettig

Right? I will have to visit his museum again at some point.

grnlark

Hi Tom,

I have two Ruggs :thumbs: but mine are both probably a later model than the one you are talking about...maybe...maybe not. Any pics? If it has the steel hood then it's like mine and probably somewhere in the early to mid 60's. The fiberglass hoods came out in the later 60's and 70's. There's actually a really good Rugg Tractor Yahoo group if you get serious about wanting to redo one. The only downside IMO to the Ruggs (and most micro tractors) is that the value lacks, so it's very easy to dump too much money into one. Even nicely restored you'd be lucky to see $200-$250 for one. I bought my nice one for $75 and a parts machine for $35. You never see them sell normally for more than $150-175.

rustbucket

i got a rugg as well hideing under my back deck. fast little bugger when you put it in third.

grnlark

...fast little bugger when you put it in third.

Those tran's are Peerless 3 speeds. Supposedly from what I've read, they don't scatter pieces until they exceed 50hp :thumbs:

doc

:woohoo: found and old rugg carpet cutter at the scrap yard was wandering is there any one interested in it I live in South Carolina but once every year or so I make it up to Ohio any one interested in saving it. I can bring it up there when I go on vac just pay me what he charged me, which is the scrap metal price. I have pics of it and another one they have there.