Sign in to follow this  
CHARGER9AUTO

CHARGER9AUTO

Mike, I have a 1961 Wheel Horse 551 Suburban tractor with BD-4261 dozer blade if your interested it ran when I last parked the tractor . it has a new used recoil starter I bought from Ray's mower shop . Ben

Sparky

Thanks for the offer Ben....but right now I have an itch to get a big HP Wheel Horse. Something with a hydro tranny and hydraulic lift.

Thanks Mike.........

CHARGER9AUTO

Thanks for the offer Ben....but right now I have an itch to get a big HP Wheel Horse. Something with a hydro tranny and hydraulic lift.

Thanks Mike.........

Mike Your welcome . Ben

kpinnc

Do you have the original engine on the 551?

I had to ask.... Sorry!

I've got a 551 with a "cardboard box full" of motor, and it's missing a few things....

CHARGER9AUTO

Do you have the original engine on the 551?

I had to ask.... Sorry!

I've got a 551 with a "cardboard box full" of motor, and it's missing a few things....

I have the original Tecumseh or Lauson engine on my 551 it's for sale if your interested I really don't know how much the tractor is really worth . Ben

kpinnc

Where are you located?

I'm kinda cheap, so I wouldn't begin to try and tell you what it's worth. I'm just looking for the engine anyway, and I'm thinking you wouldn't wanna bust it up. I know I wouldn't... BUT....

Kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Where are you located?

I'm kinda cheap, so I wouldn't begin to try and tell you what it's worth. I'm just looking for the engine anyway, and I'm thinking you wouldn't wanna bust it up. I know I wouldn't... BUT....

Kevin

Kevin I live in MONSON MA. Ben

muka

ben i live in springfield still have tractor i am interested give me a call kevin (413) xxx-xxxx

edit: Kevin, you probably don't want to post your phone number on boards like this. You're better off sending Ben a PM or e-mail with your contact information. Ya never know who reads these forums. Phone number edited by (nylyon)

nylyon

muka welcome to Redsquare. Sorry for the editing of your post, just don't want you to start getting prank calls. Hope you enjoy the site, and don't forget to post plenty of pictures!

sorekiwi

muka welcome to Redsquare. Sorry for the editing of your post, just don't want you to start getting prank calls. Hope you enjoy the site, and don't forget to post plenty of pictures!

Yeah, theres a lot of horse-traders with questionable ethics 'round here...

:D

Mike

CHARGER9AUTO

ben i live in springfield still have tractor i am interested give me a call kevin (413) xxx-xxxx

edit: Kevin, you probably don't want to post your phone number on boards like this. You're better off sending Ben a PM or e-mail with your contact information. Ya never know who reads these forums. Phone number edited by (nylyon)

Muka, I live in Monson MA here is my '61 551 without the BD-4261 Dozer Blade it's off the tractor . Ben

Attached Image

post-3-1199674340.jpg

WheelHorse_of_course

This was the tractor my Grandfather had and me and my siblings all learned to drive on!

The Lawson was very hard to start so my grandmother christened it the "little b@ast@rd"! The replacement techumseh was easy to start.

Had a little wagon (I remember riding before my leg was long enough to drive) and a drop spreader (I wish I had that) and that was it. But grandpop always had some chores for us to do moving rocks or something else with it.

In 1988-1995 my brother and I ran a small commercial vegetable farm and the little b@ast@rd pulled our first farm stand out every day for the first 5 years! My brother still has it and I assume his kids are learning to drive it.

T-Mo

Muka,

I just want to give you my belated "welcome" to the site. Glad to have you with us.

Rollerman

Ben your 551 looks nice. :D

I have a 401 model here...thats the 1st type I drove.

PS your going to need a bigger tractor & dozer blade to move that rock in the back of your picture. :P

CHARGER9AUTO

Ben your 551 looks nice. :D

I have a 401 model here...thats the 1st type I drove.

PS your going to need a bigger tractor & dozer blade to move that rock in the back of your picture. :(

Steve, I picked up the 551 for $300 with BD-4261 Dozer Blade about the over sized rock it was there when my parents purchased the house in 1979 before I was even born . Ben :P

muka

Hello Ben,

nice horse what are you asking for it? my dad just built his house out in monson on chesnut street he bought the barn and land we built house.there is a guy on old whales road who has a ton of old tractors do you know anything about that?have been down that fifty times with my seven yearold son kevin3.never found it. do you have manuals for tractor and attachments i bought the whole book from 1954 til 1968 could make you copies if you need them would like to look at tractor talk about price .have been collecting wheel horse about 10 years and still going. would like to thank everybody for there warm welcome and help kevin

CHARGER9AUTO

Hello Ben,

nice horse what are you asking for it? my dad just built his house out in monson on chesnut street he bought the barn and land we built house.there is a guy on old whales road who has a ton of old tractors do you know anything about that?have been down that fifty times with my seven yearold son kevin3.never found it. do you have manuals for tractor and attachments i bought the whole book from 1954 til 1968 could make you copies if you need them would like to look at tractor talk about price .have been collecting wheel horse about 10 years and still going. would like to thank everybody for there warm welcome and help kevin

Kevin, I want $350 for my 551 with BD-4261 Dozer Blade I have no clue about the fellow who has tractors out on old Wales Rd . same here I've been collecting Wheel Horse Garden tractors for over 10 years . Ben

muka

ben thats just to much money right now thank you kevin

Attached Image

post-3-1199916662.jpg

CHARGER9AUTO

ben thats just to much money right now thank you kevin

Kevin, I will sell my 551 with BD-4261 Dozer Blade at the Wheel Horse show for $350 . Ben

oldandred

Kevin, I will sell my 551 with BD-4261 Dozer Blade at the Wheel Horse show for $350 . Ben

I didnt know you were going to the show this year Ben :D