Sign in to follow this  
WH69GT-14

Help with a GT-14

WH69GT-14

I have a GT-14 and I was snowblowing over at the neighbors house the other day when it stopped working. No power to the lift cylinders, no forward or reverse. Nothing. Fluid level was fine, no major leaks or anything on the snow that I could see. Came home, got a ratchet strap to lift the blower and started pushing it.....was pushing easily then it just engaged and I hopped on it, started it everything worked fine again all of a sudden. Brought it home, put it in the garage. Now nothing works again. Any ideas?

mavfreak

Is your belt slipping?

rustbucket

could possably be the drive belt slipping or possably sheared one of the keys on a drive pully. or the very worst it could be something going in the hydro.

stoneman

I'd start with the belt. May have stretched and been slipping when it was hot, and tightened back up when it cooled off . . . hope that's all it is. Although having no power to the lift cylinder could be an indication of something in the pump.

can whlvr

hopfully its a key or somthing small,when my hydro let go thats exactly what mine did,worked for a few minutes and then nothing at all,it was major rebuild time and a fair bit of cash,but im very happy with it now

ChevelleSSLS6

Hopefully it's something little, but rebuild and restore rather than scrap and buy a dispos-a-mower. :thumbs:

WH69GT-14

Sorry it's taken so long for me to reply. Of course right after it died we got hammered with snow :thumbs:

The belt is not slipping, key way looks good, checked some springs (don't know if I got all of them) and they seem fine. I don't have the money to rebuild and I just tore it all apart and redid all the seals on the hydro last year, so I'm wondering if anyone has a parts tractor that I can swap parts with? I need to get it fixed soon because I use it to haul firewood out of the woods.