Sign in to follow this  
tabkat

h60 carb issues

tabkat

I'm rebuilding a tecumseh h60 for jacobsen snowblower. the model is 75106e. I can not find this in tecumseh model #'s. There is a 75106g listed, does anyone know if this would be right carb tecumseh part # 631828. thanks much :thumbs:

VinsRJ

:thumbs:

There is a Techy guy here on RS, I'm sure he will be along soon.

Fiscalyear

TABCAT :thumbs:

A few months ago I had to replace the carb on my HH60 Tecumseh engine. Research showed that the bolt up was the same for all H60 and HH60's. One thing you must watch for is the choke lever arrangement. That seemed to be the biggest issue I found during my search.

Eventually I bought an OREGON #50-646 carb that fit to a 'T' but I had to put an ever so slight bend on the end of the choke lever to clear the air filter. The carb works great and only had to tweek the jets about 1/8 turn for a great idle. If I remember corectly it cost around $50 bucks plus shipping.

I would have no trouble switching over to an aftermarket carb if it's for a worker machine. Original equipment doesn't help me with my needs, serviceability does.

Once again, welcome to :thumbs:

:thumbs: Eddie

tabkat

Thanks for your help. :thumbs:

mr.pipes

OREGON #50-646 is $35.95 + $7.95 shipping at PATS Small Engine Parts

wheelhorse656

i think i have a good carb for that motor i will have to check if you have not orderd a new one yet ill sell you a good used one for half the price of a new one plus $5 for shipping is your govener linkage on the shroud or bolted on the head? The reasone i ask is because the throttle shaft moves a completly oposite direction so a carb for a shroud mounted govener linkage the shaft has to move to the left on a head mounted linkage the shaft has to move to the right. hope this helps P.M. me if you are intereasted in it. Thanks Jordan :thumbs: