Sign in to follow this  
B-8074

Moving some dirt.

B-8074

Well I should've done it before winter set in but you know how that goes. It's a little wet :thumbs: but the C-175 doesn't really care. :thumbs::thumbs: I do have one question tho. What do you guys use to keep the plow blade from tripping?

Big pile O dirt.

5492333012_142d966284_b.jpg

5492332298_88d25f7e54_b.jpg

Where dirt needs to go.

5492333114_4d94829ffa_b.jpg

5492332846_432026b0fe_b.jpg

Moving dirt.

5492489004_094235ebcd_b.jpg

5491893027_fb302a7a8b_b.jpg

5492488708_5c16edeb10_b.jpg

stevasaurus

Great pictures of the horse at work. :thumbs: What do you mean by tripping??? :thumbs:

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :thumbs::thumbs: Nice worker. getting it dirty and doing some seat time. Gary B....

Old Dave

I use my 21 yr. old son standing backwards right behind the blade holding on to the hood. :thumbs: :thumbs:

B-8074

Great pictures of the horse at work. :thumbs: What do you mean by tripping??? :thumbs:

I keep folding the blade over. I don't know if I'm making any sense? :thumbs:

Shuboxlover

That's a safety feature of the blade, so if you hit something hard or stationary, it doesn't throw you off the tractor

stevasaurus

Yes...I understand now...like when I hit an obstruction in my driveway. I thought that is what you were getting at. Is some of that dirt frozen? If so, then the blade is suppose to do that. Saves the blade and the attachments and the horse. Is the lift lever connected by a chain or by a solid link? You may be asking the blade to do too much. It may take a little longer, but enjoy the seat time. Does that make any sense?? :thumbs:

B-8074

Thanks guys. I understand the reason for the trip springs as a saftey for plowing snow. But when plowing snow I'm moving along at a good pace. When moving dirt I'm moving like a Cat-Dozer, slow and steady. I'm not going fast enough to catch a turlte. I was having trouble just getting started.

stevasaurus

I hate to say this, but if you are going that slow, you might try to rig something from the top of the blade back to a point on the plow frame that will inhibit the tripping and still be able to lift the blade. :thumbs: :thumbs:

cpete1

Rig up a chain from the top mounts of the springs back down to your frame. Or replace the springs with some sort of steel strap or bar. If you're going slow enough, you'll know when you've pushed too much soil.

Good Luck

Chris

6wheeler

I am afraid you are being way to hard on that poor tractor. I guess I will have to come and get it. :thumbs: You could try a smaller bite I suppose, or try back blading a little. Pushing dirt is a night and day difference from snow. You could chain or strap the blade but still, if you try to cut too much you could bend the plow frame. I would probably start with different springs.

B-8074

I'm gonna put different springs on it tomorrow and see how it works. I may even double them up like Kelly suggested.

mrc

hi B-8074, years ago i backfilled 2 foundations with my 416-8. i noticed in one of your pics the plow springs are set in the top holes on the back side of the plow.. thats good because that offers the most resistance to tripping. the key in my experience was taking a small bite. although the plow is 48 inches wide you might take only a 12 inch bite each time you make a pass. sure beats a shovel!!!!!!!! my piles were incredibly big and my concrete contractor said "you'll kill that tractor backfilling" i replied "just watch its a wheelhorse". both foundations were 4 feet deep. one for a porch and one for a garage. good luck. mike in mass.

Ken B

I love them C-175'S. Nice action shots.

dgoyette

I love them C-175'S. Nice action shots.

Me too...great tractor and pics.

JC 1965

This is probably a dumb question, but do you have the trip springs mounted in the top holes on the blade? I think that's where you get the most pushing power. :thumbs:

B-8074

Yea, they're in the top.

B-8074

Well I swapped out the springs on the blade and it made a big difference. :thumbs: She worked great. Did all I could with the dirt I had. Will be getting a whole lot more in the near future. I have the entire yard to regrade and put down sod. Anyhow here is what it looks like now. Atleast it's a start.

5494983527_bab3f7e4df_b.jpg

5495575784_524b5c2855_b.jpg

5495575950_edc4dda6f9_b.jpg

1gr8vetter

I love to see horses working. Wheel Horese of course!!!

can whlvr

man we still got a foot of snow and who knows how much frost still,u r lucky to be pushing dirt allready

B-8074

We still have frost a few inches down but the snow is all gone. And if the weather man is correct we will get 1 to 2 inches over the weekend.

pfrederi

This project would be a great excuse to pick up a mid mount grader blade. It will produces a flat level surface perfect for a base for some sod. The dozer blade is good for spreading out the pile but the mid mount does the finish work much quicker and nicer.

B-8074

I've been looking for one. I did find a 42" Agri-fab box blade that I will pick up this weekend. That will help out alot. If you know of a grader blade let me know. I put an add up in the want ads but haven't had ant responses.

SNYFIX

I also see you have your blade springs in the ""dig"" position. Go to the next set of holes down (regular operation position) and see if that makes a difference in the ""tripping"".

B-8074

I also see you have your blade springs in the ""dig"" position. Go to the next set of holes down (regular operation position) and see if that makes a difference in the ""tripping"".

I had them in both, turned out to be the springs. Swapped them for a different set and all was good.