Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

B-145 Elec Trac, anyone familiar????

Teddy da Bear

I got the B-145 Elec Trac Wheel Horse at an estate auction.

I know the fundamentals of automotive 12 volt wiring.

But this is a horse of another color!

I know it takes six, 6 volt batteries, but wanted to conduct my testing using my

12 volt deep cycle batteries. I checked with the Elec Trac site and there are those that use three 12 volt batteries without any problems.

I thought I would come here as the wheel horse does have some subtle differences in the layout and wiring. They must have done some re-designing after they bought out elec trac.

Anyway...I wanted to fill you in, before you told me things I already know.

I cannot get anything to work except the charger and the electric lift.

When the charger is charging, I get a reading of over 39 volts on the last battery wired in series. But on the first battery....I get only a reading of 3 volts! I think the first battery is dragging down the other two.

When charging, I had to hit the "reset" button twice. I got the meter (fuel) to register in the green, but not fully charged. When the charger was off.....it dropped to nothing..... I don't underestand this....

I connected up the three 12 volt batteries as shown in the wiring diagram in the B-145 parts manual. I also know that a certain amount of voltage must be obtained in order to run the traction motor, electric lift, pto and lights.

Is there someone out there that owns one or has intimate knowledge of one?

Thanks....

Mike

Niles, Mi

DMESS

If you can get in touch with Geof from Canada you will find him to be INTIMATELY familiar with the Elec Trac Horses. Don't think he's on here, but I would think he would frequent the Elec Trac board/s.

Buzz

Mike, PM me your email address and I'll give it to Geof. He owns one of every model Wheel Horse electric mowers including a "new, never used" B-145

Teddy da Bear

I made contact with the guy in Canada.

But after my last email and pictures....nothing.

He must be too busy to mess with it. Don't bug him.....I'll figure something out.

Rollerman

Mike sent you an email with some info.

Hope it's usefull.