Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

blown tire

can whlvr

so im plowing the 3 inches we got(seems that thats all mother nature can throw us up here this year,and last also)and im in 3rd going down the drive and BANG,a really loud explosion and im sittin on the rim,ive never blown a garden tractor before,sure they go flat or get a hole but check this out,i didnt have too much air i thought,havnt put air in since summer?? IMG_0503.jpg

MalMac

Wow! Just how fast does that tractor go in 3 gear! Looks like a tire off a semi. I have had front tires blow while using a Front end loader, but never blew out a back.

Sparky

Never seen one go like that :thumbs: . Was it heavily dry-cracked? Doesnt look like it was from your pic.

Mike.........

Rollerman

I lost a tire in my garage one summer.

The heat must have madt the tires swell up?

But it blew the entire sidewall out on the tire exposeing the tube.

woodchuckfarmer

I had a tire blow. Sounded like someone shot a gun right next to me. the side wall blew out.

VinsRJ

Now thats a blow out..... I've never had that happen :thumbs:

JC 1965

Wow!! Doesn't seem to be dry rotted, I've never seen a tractor tire blow like that before. I never even thought it was possible.I know you can blow one with a high pressure air hose. :thumbs:

can whlvr

the tires arent great,they do have alot of dry wrot

wh-jason

:thumbs: that welding rod sticking out of it probably didnt help :thumbs:

Don1977

I have never had one blow out. I did get the mower base hung up in a ditch, cranked up the power a ripped the side out of a 2 ply. Replace with two new 4 ply.

smoreau

I got to see one go on my 875. the tires were very dry rotted and I put about 10 psi in it to move the tractor before I started the restore. as I was putting the air hose away i herd a ripping sound so I tuned around ant the tire was opening up like a zipper and the tube was sticking out farther and farther then pow!! :thumbs: it blew took about 10 seconds from start to finish. kind of like slow motion if you know what I mean. kind of cool but at the time i didn't have another tire to put on it. :thumbs: latter I found some great original replacements. :thumbs: :thumbs:

farmer

Good job you didnt have your ear down trying to find the hiss. :thumbs: :thumbs:

mowerman1193

Wow!! never seen that before..I bet it is because you had summer air in it..

:thumbs::thumbs:

Kevin

Audioshot

Unlike radials, bias tires have the reinforcing cords run at an angles to the bead crossing over each other. With radials, the cords are run at 90 degree angles to the tire and they overlap instead of crossing over. Because of this, any fatigue or failure of the bias cords may cause the tire to fail while under torque. Sometimes ripping or tearing will sound first (but not all the time). Radials will hold up well from the torque twisting, but tend to hold weight better at higher pressures. I have some photos of larger AG tires (28" and 33" rims) with the belts and cords coming apart like this. Crazy stuff