Sign in to follow this  
WH Raider10

New addition

WH Raider10

Hi redsquare friends,

I hauled a new addition today,the c-161 twin. It is in good condition,has some surface rust. NO cracks in the plastic fender or hood! The engine is very dirty and has a lot of rust on the sheetmetal. It turns over, oil is very good,next week when I've holiday I'm going to take the engine of it and give it a really good clean and tune up. Probably change the airfilter and rebuild carb if needed. It gets new oil and sparkplugs also.

The tranny will need new oil. The hubs are not rubbing agains the tranny,they're were they should be. The hitch pin is not frozen and it came with a nice snow plow/tiller mount.

I also got a macKissic sprayer with it!!! This is extremely rare in Belgium. Although the spray boom was a aftermarket/homemade thing. The barel was placed in the back on a homemade mount and I don't have a spray nozzle for it. Does anyone know where I can find a spray nozzle or boom??? It still has original paint and ID tag.

Something strange: The ID tag says it is made in South Bend Indiana but it has German decals on it? :thumbs:

Enjoy the pics! :thumbs::thumbs:

DSCN0208.jpg

DSCN0231.jpg

DSCN0232.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

DSCN0213.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0215.jpg

DSCN0216.jpg

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0218.jpg

DSCN0219.jpg

DSCN0224.jpg

DSCN0227.jpg

DSCN0229.jpg

DSCN0230.jpg

mavfreak

Looks good even the plastic rear fender.

WH Raider10

Thanks! :thumbs:

Confused99

I think there is something wrong with the stickers? :thumbs:

Irv

Nice find, wonder how the motor got so rusty? :thumbs:

Philipp

Nice tractor Pieter-Jan! I would love to see the sprayer in action. And do I see Gutbrod on the decals? (the triangle)

Philipp

WH Raider10

The tractor was stored inside a really big tent,I guess that's the reason why the engine got so rusty. Yes there is something wrong with the decals. Why are they written in German?

Also the tractor has an extra belt guard in front of the belt guard for the drive belt.

In the back there is a strange 3-pulley set up. Is this for a vaccuum?

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Anglo Traction

Nice find :thumbs: . Look's like someone broke the Fins on the Flywheel and made a Bolt-on repair :thumbs: . Maybe worth checking the Balance on it.

I'm sure you will have smart and running very soon.

WH Raider10

Thanks Philipp,

No I don't think it says Gutbrod. I'll have to look at it.

Sparky

Strange how the paint is still somewhat shiny and bright but the engine looks like it was dipped in saltwater :thumbs: .

I think this is the first time I've seen pics of a Wheel Horse on a white tile floor :thumbs: !

But still a good lookin machine. Nice catch :thumbs: .

Mike...........

Gerry w

Kept it in a tent? What was the floor like? If dirt that might be why the condition of the motor is as such. Nice find, doing better then I in Vermont! I like that sprayer too! What did they use it for? :thumbs:

Gerry

boovuc

Great find! here is a link to the history of the sprayer company that came with the tractor.

http://www.mackissic.com/History.html

They are still in business to the best of my knowledge. You can approuch them for possible parts and a boom for the unit.

(It was made about three hours from my house near Philidelphia).

I hope you can get the engine cleaned and humming. I hope those broken fins on the flywheel aren't a major problem in the end.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

mavfreak

Nice find :thumbs: . Look's like someone broke the Fins on the Flywheel and made a Bolt-on repair :thumbs: . Maybe worth checking the Balance on it.

I'm sure you will have smart and running very soon.

No that is correct for the engine. Under the bolted on fins is the pic-up for the coil to know when to fire

Anglo Traction

No that is correct for the engine. Under the bolted on fins is the pic-up for the coil to know when to fire

Thanks for clearing that one up. Seeing that layout is a first for me.

WH Raider10

I'm glad the fins are original. Yes the tractor was inside a tent with a dirt floor. They used the sprayer for chemicals. Thanks for the link! :thumbs:

WH Raider10

Anyone knows a website that sells parts for this type of engine? Also how much gear oil goes in a 8 speed? The oil looks really dirty and brown.

:thumbs: and thanks for all the fine comments! :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Kelly

The extra belt guard and pulleys are for a rear mounted vacuum system, another member in the UK picked up a bunch of stuff a few months ago and got the blower part of the vacuum, and the German decals look to be over top of the english decals, the the dash looks like they removed the plastic dash panel, and put the decal on the metal backer plate, nice find on the sprayer, maybe the chemicals they used got on the tin of the engine and made it rust, the hood is fiberglass so it will not rust.

Yup he got the blower, tubes and some band clamps for the blower, I know over here the pulleys and guard are the hard to find parts.

Here is the link, you can see the blower and tubes in his pictures, might make a deal to get those parts, I see both of you are in Belgium, not sure how big it is??

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...topic=24280&hl=

WH Raider10

Thanks for the info. It still looks weird the german decals. :thumbs:

I know that guy that has the vaccuum,that's Vincent,I know him very well.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

KC9KAS

I wonder if the chemicals that were being sprayed caused the rust on the engine. You know that the chemical laden air was sucked through the flywheel fins. The chemicals may have attacked some metals differently than other metals causing the rust in some areas and not others.

can whlvr

nice find,looks like they used her for an anchor in the ocean :thumbs: the tranny takes 2 quarts or almost 2 litres if u r metric

JC 1965

Nice find, would be a great restoration project. Good luck with it. :thumbs:

boovuc

On why the motor is so rusted compared to the sheet metal on the tractor, I think Ken hit the nail on the head. That is the best reason and mostly likely the only reason for that corrosion. Aluminum is very susceptible to many corrosives. The motor shroud and the flywheel screen could be a different alloy than the sheet metal on the tractor itself. You may have missed your calling as a detective, Ken! :thumbs:

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

WH Raider10

I'm going to clean up and repaint the engine ASAP. I'll make it run like new. :thumbs:

Here more pics,also look at the weird pulley settup in the rear.

DSCN0234.jpg

DSCN0235.jpg

DSCN0236.jpg

DSCN0237.jpg

DSCN0238.jpg

DSCN0239.jpg

DSCN0240.jpg

DSCN0241.jpg

DSCN0242.jpg

DSCN0243.jpg

DSCN0244.jpg

:thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

Flytox

Hello P.J....

Nice Pictures and WH .

Werk aan de winkel!

Byeeeee

roger :thumbs: :thumbs:

WH Raider10

Thanks Roger!

How are you? Haven't heard from you for a long time! How is the commando 800 going?

C-ya,

Pieter-Jan