Sign in to follow this  
Lobaloo

Lobaloo

Hi!! I'm LOB and I'm glad to finally be here to meet you all. I'm new to Redsquare and new to computers. I'm not new to WH, I'm third generation. So I'm just double newbie, the triple crown newbie is still up for grabs for someone else to win.

The computer world is new to me and I want to take pictures like you guys do. Should I just run out and buy a digital camara and start snapping away? Then take the camara and a giant C-clamp and fasten the lens to the window screen of the PC real tight. The tighter the fit the better the transfer. After fastening it in the exact place you want , "click import". The pictures will exit out the front of the lens through the screen and under the message just where you want them to go. Am I correct, or sould I ask for a little help on the side?

My first WH purchase was the 516h. I've owned this tractor for 12 years. In all the years I've owned this tractor and all the shows I've been to, I have never met another buddy-friend who owns one. My horse is lonely and wants to share an experience with another 516h.

So that's me LOB, double newbie, photographer that needs help, and owner of a sad and lonely horse. Nice to meet you !

mavfreak

:thumbs:

AMC RULES

:thumbs: LOB, we'll help you get picts up when you're ready.

bitten

Hello and :thumbs:

Good luck with the pics, I tried and Im just not doing it.

racinfool40

:thumbs: Glad to have you here!!!

Roger from southern Iowa

dgoyette

:thumbs: And yes everyone loves photos!! :thumbs:

varosd

Don V

tommy3horse

Hello and :thumbs:

Sounds like you have a great machine indeed.

Pictures are great, but I still have not got the hang of it yet. You came to the right spot though, lots of nice folks here to help....and you may find a stable-mate for your 516 too!

Good luck and once again, WELCOME!

Tom

B-8074

:thumbs: What part of horse country are you from?

n1defan

:thumbs: :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Little_Red

smoreau

Kelly

:thumbs: not sure the C clamp is going to work but keep us posted, might be easier than the way I do it.

HorseFixer

Lob, :thumbs: :thumbs:

Fiscalyear

:thumbs: LOB

WOW!!! I like this guy already. Sounds like you're having the same luck with pictures that I am. :thumbs:

:thumbs: Eddie

wheelhorse656

hello nice to have you on board :thumbs:

jdpuller

rmaynard

Glad to have you aboard. I like your sense of humor. The c-clamp is a great idea :thumbs: but it's not going to work with this forum.

Once you get your digital camera, take lots of pictures. Most cameras come with a USB cable and software to allow uploading from the camera to the computer. Then get a free Photobucket.com account. From there is very simple to upload pictures and post them here on RedSquare. If you have any problems, just let us know. There are many of us who will help you get started.

Indy w h

Welcome to the madness !!!!!!

Indy

Lobaloo

:thumbs: What part of horse country are you from?

Northeastern part of Maryland. Yes we have both kinds of horses here the ones that eat grass and the ones that cut it.

JimD

MikesRJ

... the triple crown newbie is still up for grabs for someone else to win. ...

... Should I just run out and buy a digital camera and start snapping away? ... or should I ask for a little help on the side?

... My horse is lonely and wants to share an experience with another 516h. ..

Nice to meet you too LOB. I have three suggestions for you concerning your questions.

1) The Triple Crown spots have been awarded many times over around here! :thumbs:

2) We love pictures, snap away! If you have a cellphone, it takes pictures. If you don;t have a cellphone camera then by all means buy a camera. Either way, "RTFI" (Read The Frickin' Instructions). The manuals for the phone and cameras are pretty straight forward as to getting the pictures from the device to the computer. Once on your computer, follow the instructions in this thread to get them on the forum?: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1071

3) The Wheel Horse sickness is a strong viral infection and you will certainly succumb to it. You will have many horses this time next year! :thumbs: