Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

Hey Tickster!!

Sparky

Hey Stephen. This is what I came home to today. Hopefully asphalt will be down next week.

Mike............

Driveway002.jpg

Rollerman

Looks very familiar Mike!

I have a lot of hours on those little cat rollers & have the bruises from smacking the console with my legs to prove it.

Mike looks like your a pretty good drop off the road there....is your contractor setting the drainage up to keep the water out of your garage?

Make sure you add the finished pics too. :whistle:

Sparky

Yep he is takin drainage into account. About 8-10 feet before the garage doors it hits its lowest point and goes uphill the rest of the way till the doors. That little roller was makin the whole house tremble! Real cool......kinda wanted to have a turn on it, know what I mean :whistle: .

Mike.........

Rollerman

Made the whole house tremble you say?...& thats only a 3 or 4 ton roller... :whistle:

We use a 20 ton Dynapak that will kick of car alarms a looonnnggg ways away when I hit the vibes on it....or dump the contents of a china cabinet. :WRS:

Rollerman

Hey Mike how about an update...or is the contractor stalling?

Sparky

Stalling I guess :whistle: . Actually he should be in this week so in preparation I have my truck in the yard and the camper in my Dad's yard.

As soon as he's done I'll have some picks. Might even take the day off work to watch. The 3 bay garage and family room was built by my contractors during the day when I was at work and I missed all the action. If I miss the paving I will have missed it all.

Mike.............

Sparky

Well the asphalt is down!! I'm really lookin forward to using my new snow-blower attchment (from Buzz) this winter as the old one never did well on the dirt/gravel driveway.

Mike..........

Paving001.jpg

Paving004.jpg

Paving006.jpg

Paving009.jpg

nylyon

Mike, that looks GREAT! Congratulations on your new addition and driveway, now you can get more horses :whistle:

Rollerman

Looks good Mike....whats the depth & how many tons did they put down?

The snowblowers do like a better surface....I don't care for chukin gravel. :whistle:

With the asphalt your drive will probably melt off faster too.

T-Mo

Mike,

It looks great. Nice drive and nice garage. :whistle:

Sparky

Looks good Mike....whats the depth & how many tons did they put down?

The snowblowers do like a better surface....I don't care for chukin gravel. :whistle:

With the asphalt your drive will probably melt off faster too.

3" thick and a whole bunch of tons(OK, I dont know the tonnage). Snow-blowin will be fun fer sure without hearing rocks and frozen chunks of gravel flyin outa the chute.

Also the new room between the garage and the house has hardwood floors and the gravel driveway came in on everybody's shoes and the dogs paws and settled on the new floor so it'll be nice not to have to deal with that.

Mike...............

linen beige

The hayloft door trim is nice, but that lighted sign Old and red has listed in the for sale ads would look GREAT.

Curmudgeon

Just dredging up an old thread with some drivel to help Stephen with his upcoming milestone!!!!!!!!!!!

wse100

We use a 20 ton Dynapak that will kick of car alarms a looonnnggg ways away when I hit the vibes on it....or dump the contents of a china cabinet.

WOW, That is a big roller! I know we have a 14 ton bomag, And I thought that was a beast. 40k is a lot of shaking & packing!

Rollerman

Charles...We?...you mean you are in the business too?

Only used the big Dino on the Toll Rd & at the Elkhart airport mostly.

Some county work but it was to dang big.

The 14ton Bomag you mentioned...was it one of the ones with the twin joysticks?

wse100

I work part time for a man who owns trucks,

excavating equipment, Pavers, Hot boxes, Chip and seal, rollers, forklifts, skid steers and many trucks. We do just about everything you can imagine. We have one truck that is a small tanker designed to lay tack or dust control 12 feet wide. We even have tankers and haul emulsion for the county. We have contracted many parking lots, and a few county roads. The bomag does not have two joysticks. It is a few years old, but i am sure there wasn't two joysticks. It was a repo we got really cheap. I know a little about paving...But by no means am I an expert! I am still learning. :whistle:

Rod(NASNUT)

Hey Stephen. This is what I came home to today. Hopefully asphalt will be down next week.

Mike............

Driveway002.jpg

:WRS: I have also spent alot of time on one of them only mine was a Bomag :whistle: